Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3206 Posts

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
You ever go to any of the local weekly meets, like Kemah? I might try to make one this time home.
I haven't. Mainly because I recently moved here a few months ago, and also because I haven't been keeping up with my car and it's filthy as ****, lol.

·
shorttrack
1,623 Posts
You ever go to any of the local weekly meets, like Kemah? I might try to make one this time home.
I went on the Houston car cruise (about 200 plus cars) before but not organized very well , had fun though. The home Depot in Kemah (really it is in clear lake shores) on Saturdays is decent ,good turn out and many nice cars .Then there is Bombshells off of Fuqua & 45 South every monday ,it is so-so .I almost forgot,every Friday in Pearland at the Lowe's home improvement store parking lot after 7:00pm (off 518) a bunch of different cars meet up for car night , I get out ounce and awhile if the weather is clear .PM me if you are heading out anytime .I,m done with the Drag strip and the street racing scene , I just stay around these few areas .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I go to Kemah prob once or twice a month weather dependent of course. Sam's boat in seabrook with GCC meet every other Tuesday I sometimes try to make.

·
Registered
356 Posts
@inertiamonster I think I saw you on 35 today during rush hour, the PSMs are looking good!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yup, that was me. Likewise you're looking good with the drop and debadge.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with what I got out of the Ark springs, a good balance of looks, handling, and comfort. I've got my eye on a wheel/tire package to finish up the look, and with ACL coming up I'll have the cash on hand to (mostly) make it happen.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Well, I won't be doing any meets anytime soon, if ever, in a GC again. My car became a fireball yesterday.

·
Obsessed
1,176 Posts
Oh, no!!! What happened?! Sorry to hear that! :(

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Driving to work, smell something burning, see smoke coming through the vents and under the hood. Pulled over, killed the engine, popped the hood, and saw a fire originating from behind and below the battery. By the time the fire department arrived, the entire front of the car was on fire. Will post pics whenever I get around to uploading them.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
RIP

·
Registered
403 Posts
Really Sad to see that.... no words are enough, any idea as to the root cause?

TJ

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
A couple of us are thinking the hard brake line behind the battery somehow got loose and made contact with the down pipe, and it heated the fluid up enough to burn. Noticed my brake pedal being a bit mushy a few days prior. The day it happened, my hand brake wasn't functioning and the brake light remained on despite the handle being down.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Well, I know my car has gone to the "total loss department" at the shop, still waiting on an estimate. My insurance agent said that once they get the claim estimate, they're going to cancel the payment on my rental car, which seems odd to me. You'd think they'd wait a day or two so I could get another vehicle.

Anyway, I'm going to get a loan through my bank to purchase a car. It will be an 07 BMW 335i in pristine condition. Once I pick it up Monday, I shall post pictures.

3161 - 3180 of 3206 Posts