Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Would you welcome an all electric Gen Coupe?
Not if it was a "large, luxurious" coupe that had a possibility of a V-8. Smaller, small to mid-sized coupe, with turbo V-6 or hybrid, possibly, but not if it's all electric. Not enough infrastructure for all electric, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ever drive a Tesla? If its done right, looks and handels good, and isnt priced out of the ballpark I just might be intrested. There are still things to work out with electric vehicles but with so many companies leaning that direction I really think the future is the electric car, at least in some form.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ever drive a Tesla? If its done right, looks and handels good, and isnt priced out of the ballpark I just might be intrested. There are still things to work out with electric vehicles but with so many companies leaning that direction I really think the future is the electric car, at least in some form.

Not interested in cars from manufacturers that must take government loans and subsidies to sell cars and still cant turn profit. Plus there are so many bugs the Tesla's have that get glossed over because of beady-eyed buyers. The car overheats after 1/4mi, sure the P90d and P100d put down incredible 1320 times, go any farther than that or do a second run shortly after, and the car goes into limp mode due to heat from that amount of power discharge from the batteries. Road racing the car is almost impossible unless you under-drive it all the time, and the car is heavy as ****. People talk bad about a Challenger/Charger Hellcat weight but then praise a Tesla and its another 400lbs on top of that (4800lbs total)! The interior is a ****ing fisher-price car. "We put a giant iPad in the console though! But you cant see it if the sun is out".

Not only that, but the problem with EV's is you are only making a car for a small buying base. Anyone with an apt cannot own an EV as there's no feasible way to charge your damn car. So that there cancels out a HUGE buying market. For EV's to gain market share the infrastructure needs to be there, and aside from 1-2 charging stations popping up here and there at starbucks or parking structures, this isnt going to happen anytime soon.

I think if it's done right it will be great. And I think Subaru can make it right.
Subaru is mediocre at best. They failed the FT86 platform (as well as Toyoda) by not supporting it with a proper powerplant with at least 280hp. The only thing that helps that car is the abundant aftermarket to shore up the gap in power. Don't know who is still buying WRX/STI stuff with the FocusRS coming and pretty much murdering that segment (granted its almost 2 decades late to the AWD party). Their cars have meh quality, meh styling, meh everything. To me, Subaru is just a better performing VW brand, intensely loyal buyers to the brand but you dont get much for the money and IMO they dont stack up against the competition, but their dealerships sure look nice and pretty with all the pearl white and silver cars up front!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Actualy I agree with quite a bit of what you say, hence why I wouldent purchace whats currently avalible, but with the goverment loans and subsidies it speaks to the level of commitment manufactures and the goverment have to the future of electric vehicles, their not there yet, but I could see a time in the not too distant future where EV's could be a viable alternative to internal combustion. We will all have to wait and see what Hyundai and other manufactures come up with. Until then I will continue enjoying my petrol burning Genesis coupe.

·
Bill
587 Posts
Eventually internal combustion will only be found on sound effects in ev's...
Hence my occasional consideration of v12's before they're gone.

When power generation is from fusion, batteries charge in minutes, and range is 1,000 miles; what's not to like about massive instant torque?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts