Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What tires are you running on your Genesis Coupe?

• Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (Factory)

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport / Pilot Sport / Sport Cup

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • Continental ExtremeContact

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • BFGoodrich G-Force

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Hankook Ventus

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Pirelli P-Zero

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Comment)

Votes: 37 24.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious to see what tires everyone is running on their Coupes. I'm on my second set of Pilot Super Sports and they're lasting about 9,000.00 miles :)mad2:), awesome grip though, even in the wet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Have about 3000 miles on stock size Nitto Motivos. Made an impromptu visit to the Dragon and bought those the day I left for the run. I am sure they don't have the grip of some of the more race oriented tires. I have to say they grip far better in the rain and surprised me at the dragon. (Disclaimer : I am not nor do I claim to be a master sports car driver) The coupe amazed me and I loved every minute of it, ran it 3 times back to back.

TJ

Ps: prev. Tires were stock factory.

·
2013 3.8 Track
381 Posts
Currently I have the stock tires. I plan on getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but not until these tires get worn out... I hate to waste money replacing servicable tires. How do you like the super sports? Do you keep them on year 'round?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have a set of Federal tires that came on the wheels I bought. Not great, but not terrible...

I'll most likely pick up a set of Falken F453s when they wear out though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently I have the stock tires. I plan on getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but not until these tires get worn out... I hate to waste money replacing servicable tires. How do you like the super sports? Do you keep them on year 'round?
Yes sir. I'm in Florida. They're fantastic if you're willing to pay the premium!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bridgestone RE11, they seem to grip pretty well in the dry, dont really get much rain here in vegas and when it does I try to drive somthing else.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Potenza S-04 Pole Position. Don't seem to grip great but they are a little worn and were on the car when I got it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hankook Ventus V12's. I was running Sumitomo HRZ's when I first got the car and I could burn out all the way through first and into second by only popping the clutch at around 3,000 RPM's.... they sucked. When I got my Varrstoen's I bought the Hankooks and they grip a hell of a lot better and were only about $750 for all four. The car was my daily driver for a while after I got the Hankooks and I can say that they have about 6,000 miles on them and I can't even tell that they've worn down any. Actually recently I had my wheels powder coated and upon removal of my front passenger side tire, the shop ripped the bead on the tire and replaced it with a brand new one. I was worried about the difference in tread between the new front tire and the older one but upon inspection I can't tell a difference really. All in all, I would say for the money you spend, they are great tires with great grip!

·
Takin it easy..
149 Posts
I have the Nitto Motivos as well, 245f/275r. They are the first pair Ive had since the Potenzas, so thats the only thing I can compare them to. They are leaps ahead of the stockers. Im sure the width helps with both wet and dry traction as well. Not too expensive, and are fairly quiet on the interstate.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hankook Ventus V12's. I was running Sumitomo HRZ's when I first got the car and I could burn out all the way through first and into second by only popping the clutch at around 3,000 RPM's.... they sucked. When I got my Varrstoen's I bought the Hankooks and they grip a hell of a lot better and were only about $750 for all four. The car was my daily driver for a while after I got the Hankooks and I can say that they have about 6,000 miles on them and I can't even tell that they've worn down any. Actually recently I had my wheels powder coated and upon removal of my front passenger side tire, the shop ripped the bead on the tire and replaced it with a brand new one. I was worried about the difference in tread between the new front tire and the older one but upon inspection I can't tell a difference really. All in all, I would say for the money you spend, they are great tires with great grip!
I think I'll end up with these next. I don't think I'm ready for another $1,400 bill for super sports...

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
I'm currently running Cooper Zeon RS3-S. I was running Hankook Ventus V12s. I have to say that the Coopers have a much higher grip than the V12s did; however, I did change profile size and front tire width as well (went from 245 to 255 up front), so that may have as much to do with it as the tire quality. As far as wear is concerned the Coopers don't seem to be any better or worse for wear; however, if you shop around you'll find that there is a pretty big price break on Coopers vs Hankooks.

·
epic lulz
1,211 Posts
The newly released Bridgestone RE-71R are what I use at the moment, by FAR the stickiest street tire I've driven on(even beyond the amazing Yoko Advan AD08R). Had Michelin PSS before and they are excellent as well, good grip and predictable, but fall way short of the RE-71R. I'm not impressed with the Hankook V12, they are good in the wet but lack ultimate dry weather grip, and heat cycle out quickly if you track them. The stock RE050 belong in the garbage, these tires also came standard on my Fiesta ST and it's the weakest link on the whole car.

Next, I'll be moving away from street tires and onto R-compound tires(which technically are still street legal, but shouldn't be driven in the wet). I've got a set of Pirelli Trofeo R waiting for me, which I've heard great things about from people at the track.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have been running Michelin Pilot sport as/3 for about 15k miles now, and lots of life left. I know these are not true performance tires, however they do better than the bridgestones that came on the car, and are lasting a lot longer. Pricey to install at $1400 for the set of 4.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Still on my original Potenza 050s, have roughly 30-35k on them and another 10-15k on some winter Blizzaks. The summers are still holding up well but I think I can only get one more summer out of them.

Next up I think I'm either going with some Hankook Evos or maybe Conti DWS06. Sometimes you can find Potenza S04s cheap and I would consider a set of those.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just got a set of BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2s.

255/40ZR/19
275/40ZR/19

Put about 250 miles on them so far. Good grip in the rain. Can't complain.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Bridgestone RE-11 currently. Had PSS's. Really like both for different reasons... PSS's have nice characteristics and are really predictable as temps change. RE-11's feel more responsive and stickier but they wear out much faster. Both tires like heat, but PSS's hate cold and become hockey pucks.

If I had to buy either of them again; RE-11's.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
225/50ZR-18 Hankook Ventus S1 noble2
245/50ZR-18 Hankook Ventus S1 noble2

Love the bigger profile. The rears wear twice as fast as the fronts.
I am running the same tires, but the stock profile (45). I am not aggressive enough for sticky summer tires and this is a DD so good rain performance it important. I do run a winter set of tires, but the all seasons give me a lot more life.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got a set of BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2s.

255/40ZR/19
275/40ZR/19

Put about 250 miles on them so far. Good grip in the rain. Can't complain.
Interesting. I was split between those and V12s to replace the PSSs. I might have a month left of threadlife and I don't want to go back to the factory trash sitting in my garage...(I'll probably keep them for when I trade in the car).

1 - 20 of 141 Posts