Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of my thread several of you interested in possible turbo kits have asked me about :

The state of tuning with Tkits.com and the availability of an actual TCU tune made for a turbo kit conversion. I just recently realized that the former provider of Tkits.com (BTR Chicago), no longer had the services of their Korean tuner who had done all the work on my setup.

I heard all kinds of thing froms different dudes, so I called BTR, then Jessie at T.kits.

Today 9/6/19 at 1330 hours I had a long discussion with none other than Jessie, T.kits technical guy. Here is what I found out.

***First of all Tkits doesnt half ass anything, part of what you pay for is their lead up work and development. They are constantly trying to improve their product. They use custom built US products. Not Chinese knock offs. There is no cost cutting.

In serendipitous fashion, their new tuner was in Jessi'es office when I called. So here is THE DEAL.

1. He is their tuner,...period. He is the dude, not a franchise.
2 He has been developig this Turbo kit tune for about 18 months now. This tune is just being formally released as of today.
3. Being a tuner is his DAY JOB. This IS what he does. Without being able to indulge where or who. Lets just summarize his creds by saying he is A lead tuner for A major automaker.
4. The tune(s) he has produced for this conversion has one version for the MT, and a separate version which is specifically optimized for use with the existing 8AT programming. The big deal here is dealing with some limiters, and more specifically changing the programming to "send" a signal that the TCU reads an acceptable value of torque for shifting purposes even though the reality is its sending boat loads more through the system.

So you will still have the normal attributes of the oem TCU shifting etc.(I hated mine the three months I drove it stock).

***He is working on a TCU tune himself like the one that I recieved from Sam Lee. He told me it requires re-writing/modifying/de-conflicting/erasing over 12,598 files between the ECM and TCU.----------WOW.**No ETA announced.:grin:

So anyone even suggesting the two arent inter related is a moron...................

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm getting my ECU flashed Monday, install is about done (it was a b*tch)! I can let you know how it feels after that. The tuner was probably in-house because of me, lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
She's like a totally new car, it was hard work but totally worth it! And I haven't even driven it boosted yet, just babied her around like a grandma because I do have to work lol!!! Now I'm just waiting for Hyundai to ship me my differential bushing, and still waiting on my OCC's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts