Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 360 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Dealer said the engine was locked up....

New one on order...

Said I should have it back by the end of next week....

Hell of a way to start with a new car! :(
You're not the first 3.8 owner who's had this issue, just fyi.

2.0T's have a higher failure rate due to tuning or user error but more 3.8's have come from the factory sh*t.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
727 Posts
The audio in the GC isn't that great, but the blue tooth sounds as good as any other input on the system.

But nothing is as bad as the Ford Sound systems unless they have changed a lot in recent years. Their cars are great, but replace that "Road Master/ Kraco" sound system.

Due to battery life issues I keep my Blue Tooth off and have turn it on before I get into my car and everything works great. If I turn the BT on from the phone after the car is started I must turn off then on on the sound system. Not turn the radio off then on, but the BT itself on the radio. Same with others?
Not sure what you mean about battery issues. I keep my phone set with Bluetooth enabled all the time and keep it on in the car all the time. When I start the engine they automatically connect, then when I kill the engine, they auto disconnect. If you are talking about the battery in your cellphone, I keep a car phone charger in the center console if I'm going out for a long time.

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
the Bluetooth sound is just quieter. i leave Bluetooth on for me phone. but use the cable for music. and if you plug in the cable before the BT is synced it will cut off your music from the ipod cable :(

·
Registered
517 Posts
the Bluetooth sound is just quieter. i leave Bluetooth on for me phone. but use the cable for music. and if you plug in the cable before the BT is synced it will cut off your music from the ipod cable :(
I personally think that the aux audio is quieter than bluetooth. I tried using aux cable for my phone and I had to turn the volume all the way up to barely hear it. Bluetooth volume is at the same volume as my ipod is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure what you mean about battery issues. I keep my phone set with Bluetooth enabled all the time and keep it on in the car all the time. When I start the engine they automatically connect, then when I kill the engine, they auto disconnect. If you are talking about the battery in your cellphone, I keep a car phone charger in the center console if I'm going out for a long time.
Sorry I wasn't clear I was talking about the battery life of the phone not the car. BT on my Android phone really takes a toll on its battery life.

Can anyone start their car with sound system BT on and then turn on the BT on the phone and have them sync? I must be enabled on the phone before I start my car for BT to work. Since I try and leave it off due to phone battery issues I forget to turn it on sometimes before I get into the car.

I have a charging cable in the car, but sometimes long work days the battery will be gone before I get out to my car. With BT off I can get 1.5-2 days on the battery. With it on....maybe 8-12 hrs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
bleh...
bluetooth/airplay = poorer sound quality.
My Bluetooth (2.0 Premium) is the best bluetooth I've ever had on a car stereo. The sound quality is every bit as good as my iPod cable was before I extended it, and better than it is since having extended it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bluetooth sounds A LOT better than XM :D
Yep. I agree the BT sounds very good. Both with voice, mic, music, etc. A friend of mine has a Honda SUV and his stinks. Music sounds muddy, and he wont even use it any more.

This is the 1st car I have had XM. It sounds like crap. It is ok when listening to news or other talk radio, but not for music. Is this normal for XM, or is this the just the GC?

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Yep. I agree the BT sounds very good. Both with voice, mic, music, etc. A friend of mine has a Honda SUV and his stinks. Music sounds muddy, and he wont even use it any more.

This is the 1st car I have had XM. It sounds like crap. It is ok when listening to news or other talk radio, but not for music. Is this normal for XM, or is this the just the GC?
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

Has to be the GC XM radio because on my other car, XM sounds perfect!

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
I personally think that the aux audio is quieter than bluetooth. I tried using aux cable for my phone and I had to turn the volume all the way up to barely hear it. Bluetooth volume is at the same volume as my ipod is.
not aux the ipod cable

201 - 220 of 360 Posts