Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Probably not just that defrost on the windshield is probably not an Air conditioning concern in South Korea or more temperate areas where using the defrost to get ice of the inside of the car dealt with. At least its an easy feature to get working. New Car Salesman may not even know about some tricks that we are sharing here.

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
I wonder why this is a hidden feature. Does it put stress on the system or something?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Probably not just that defrost on the windshield is probably not an Air conditioning concern in South Korea or more temperate areas where using the defrost to get ice of the inside of the car dealt with. At least its an easy feature to get working. New Car Salesman may not even know about some tricks that we are sharing here.
According to Hyundai, it's called "Defogging Logic" for faster defogging of the windows (since the AC dehumidifies the air on our and most other AC equipped cars). It's also to ensure fresh air is drawn in as recirculated heated and dehumidified air lowers the oxygen levels in the car to dangerous and possibly fatal levels. For us Canadians, for it to start out in recirc while we're not in the car (remote start or we ran out, started it and went back inside where it's warm), the ability to disable it is there. The logic restarts when the negative terminal is removed or the disable process is repeated. It's not so much a "hidden feature" as it is a "so you read your owners manual eh?".

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,582 Posts
New Car Salesman may not even know about some tricks that we are sharing here.

Mine didnt know about letting the oil warm up before tromping on it....

I know one person was shooting for 500HP on the stock turbo.

Damned if I can remember who that was, though...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just an update, The A/C is on when i start the car not almost every time, it is every time now. I am not sure how to turn it off. HAHA

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
Just an update, The A/C is on when i start the car not almost every time, it is every time now. I am not sure how to turn it off. HAHA
Do you have the auto climate control? And if so is the system in auto?

Maybe it is just showing that the AC is enabled but not necessarily on.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have the base 2013 so I don't have auto climate control

·
Registered
844 Posts
We have 8 inches of snow here so when I turn off my car I usually have the heat all the way up and the blower on high. When I get back in my car after work the heat is all the way up, the blower is on high…but the A/C is on…

·
Registered
844 Posts
I think you misunderstand the situation, so I will try and recap:

I used the tip to turn on the recirc setting and defrost at the same time, now when I start my car the A/C is always immediately in the on position. I can turn it off just fine with the press of that same button, it is just always on when I start the car no matter what setting I turn the car off in. Before when I started the car it would use the same settings that I had selected when i turned the car off. Now it is the same settings, except the A/C is on too.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
I can't remember if mine is like that as I too did the recirc button shuffle. I don't drive the car in the winter and it's buried in snow now.

On my Accent i did the change and it is not on all the time, only when I push the button, just saying.

Have you tried to unapply the recirc/defrost trick?

·
Registered
285 Posts
On many cars, turning the defrost on also turns on the A/C.
It acts as a dehumidifier and helps defog the windows. You always have the option to turn off the A/C separately.

So, if you leave your car with the defrost on max settings, you can expect the A/C to turn back on with the defrost when you start the car up again.

·
Gen Koop
174 Posts
Not sure if this was said already, I stopped reading after page 6... but when you hold down the small clear button behind the steering wheel for like 3-5 secs or so, it'll stay red when you let go. That disables the alarm (mine at least).

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had this happen too. It was because I hit the "Max AC" button. toggle off the this button while the car is on. it should go away

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not sure if this was said already, I stopped reading after page 6... but when you hold down the small clear button behind the steering wheel for like 3-5 secs or so, it'll stay red when you let go. That disables the alarm (mine at least).
What? Where exactly is this button? What year is your gennie?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
What? Where exactly is this button? What year is your gennie?

Hmmm I'll have to look for that button on the back of my steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I say for Hyundai to give us the Lexicon system, now that's audio.
My loaner Eqqus has Lexicon. I'm not sure that the system itself is better, or if it's the insulation/material inside the car. I think the Genesis Coupe just reverberates(maybe the wrong word) the audio in the cabin and it sounds like garbage(comparatively speaking).

does it just make it go into night mode? lol
I have to try this when I get my car back.

I had the 3 blink turn signals in my '11 sonata base model too. I'm surprised to hear the pre-13 gc's didn't.
I think this. Again, the Equus I have now has this, I'm going to miss this when I have to get back into Genny.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You have to enable it from the settings. It seems to make the regular radio stations sound a bit lower quality when it's enabled however (at least on my loaner sonata turbo I used last month.)

Mine doesn't have that option. Was this added after 2010?

·
'13 2.0T Premium
78 Posts
Can anyone start their car with sound system BT on and then turn on the BT on the phone and have them sync? I must be enabled on the phone before I start my car for BT to work. Since I try and leave it off due to phone battery issues I forget to turn it on sometimes before I get into the car.
(I know I'm coming in late in the game, but...) my '13 has the same issue most if not all of the time, but I've found a nice 'fix'. Depending on the version of android you're running, you can set up Profiles to automatically change settings when certain things happen. For example, I leave my house, my phone disconnects from my wifi, goes into an 'In Transit' mode I've set up, which turns on BT & Wifi (in case I go back inside). Then I hop in my GC and start, BT's already on and connects no problem. I know there are apps that let you set up things like that too, just look around the play store, shouldn't be hard.

321 - 340 of 360 Posts