21 - 40 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
This is a good thread idea, keep the real info comin' ala' ByByCavalier

·
Registered
114 Posts
On my '06 Altima 3.5SE I could press and hold the unlock button on the fob and the front windows would roll down. The key turn would roll them up or down, though. I wish the GC had a locking glovebox with a trunk button kill switch inside the box like my Altima had, plus a locking pushbutton rear seat release. Keeps the riffraff valets and mechanics from getting your tools, etc. out of the trunk without a proper key. The valet key wouldn't open them.
On my old Chevy Cavalier I had this cool cranking device on the door that you could turn and the window would go down. My left arm never looked so good.

·
| Boost Addict |
400 Posts
On my old Chevy Cavalier I had this cool cranking device on the door that you could turn and the window would go down. My left arm never looked so good.
Huh Ive never heard of such feature! Car makes you look good!? lol still got crank in my other car:p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also that at below 50km left on a tank of gas the boost cuts, and you wonder why your car is so slow lol
Side thought: Since a lot of dealers keep their cars perpetually on E until they're purchased, I wonder how many have lost sales to customers thinking the car was too slow for the wrong reason.

·
Swimmin with Sharks
124 Posts
Just to add to a previous statement about the headlights turning off. If
You leave your lights on, even the headlights, then hit your lock button twice on the key fob it will turn everything off. So you don't need to wait. Then it all kicks back on when you unlock.

·
Old but still kickin!
100 Posts
If you use Bluelink from your smart phone to start your car, it will also put the emergency lights on a slow blink. This stops once you actually get into the car. I'm assuming it's to give car thieves a head’s up that here’s a car already running with no occupant, so none of that messy hot wiring is necessary- just smash a window and go! :icon_rolleyes:

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
If you debadge the car, people, to this very day, still cannot figure out what kind of car it is.

·
Swimmin with Sharks
124 Posts
That's what I love about it most!
The looks i get on it now, with just a de-badge and black "H"s is insane. I love it.

Oh, and since no one mentioned it...Atleast in this thread.

Holding down the TCS button for more then 3 seconds also turns off Stability in the 2013's (maybe the other years too?)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
........no matter how many times you drive by a group of guys standing around their own rides, they will always stare at your GC as it drives by.....just check out your rearview mirror as you go by.........

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
- double click the lock botton and the car will beep :p
- you can open locked doors from inside without unlocking them
Well you can lock your car with fob, wait 10 Seconds and it won't beep but the lights will go off if they are still on.

The Auto setting on lights helps a lot on cloudy days and in this semi northern town when the sun sets later and later in the summer and vise versa in the winter you can see the road.

If you're still in drive and your passenger gets out while you're stopped, the right door will open with the handle even though the door is locked. It will automatically relock once your doing 10kph or so. Hmm I wonder if you have to stop before your passenger can get out or do you just have to be going just under 10Kph :squint:

Sometimes your trunk will open misteriously with out your using the fob or the unlock button on the door :dunno:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
agreed - in my old S4 I could fit 2 dead hookers in the trunk, the GC, one and it's a squeeze.
Hmmm How big were the hookers and are they women or men? Sometimes you think you are getting the former and get the later thus why they end up dead in your trunk:dunno:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'm not sure actually, it is possible I hit the trunk button accidently or on purpose and forgot about it.

I think this applies to most if not all Hyundai's:

If you use your fob to unlock your car and don't open a door inside of 35 seconds, it will relock itself. If you lock then unlock your car at night, the headlights will come on for 15 seconds then go off, then leave the cabin light on, after the 35 seconds the lights will flash once and the cabin light will go off.

The lights will not flash if the trunk or hood is open, or one of the doors isn't quite closed, the car will not honk if your repeadedly fob the lock button. Once the offending trunk, hood or door is closed the lights will flash.

21 - 40 of 360 Posts