Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you ever noticed you can use you fob to lock your car and your key to unlock it and the alam will not go off, try that with any GM and the alarm will go off ;)

You can open both doors with your key in the right door at the same time, on the left you can twist the key twice to open the left then the right.

Opening the trunk will not set off the alarm. Sneezing near a GM will set off the alarm.

·
LivingADream
339 Posts
As soon as you turn the key in the ignition, fireballs of hot air below at you. This happens even if you have the fan and AC on before starting the car.

Edit:

What I meant to say is after driving awhile and the AC is chill, if you rev it over 5k or something for a good minute or longer, you will feel hot fireballs of air come onto your face from the vents.

·
Registered
587 Posts
As soon as you turn the key in the ignition, fireballs of hot air below at you. This happens even if you have the fan and AC on before starting the car.

Edit:

What I meant to say is after driving awhile and the AC is chill, if you rev it over 5k or something for a good minute or longer, you will feel hot fireballs of air come onto your face from the vents.
in other words blow your motor up reving it up at 5k forr about a min looooool. not sure if i like fireballls ;) but great info to know! ;)

·
LivingADream
339 Posts
in other words blow your motor up reving it up at 5k forr about a min looooool. not sure if i like fireballls ;) but great info to know! ;)
I don't think it even takes that much effort. Maybe more like 3k. Whenever I try to go from 0-40 MPH as fast as I can, I get fireballs in my face. Even when my car isn't hot at all. Maybe it's time to get oil change but I'm only at like 2K miles on my odometer.

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
I didn't know a naturally aspirated Civic Si would be able to give the 2.0T a run for it's money. Does that count?
06+ SI will beat 2.0 stock for stock

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,271 Posts

Edit:

That's because the AC clutch is disengaged under certain load/rpm points.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sometimes your trunk will open misteriously with out your using the fob or the unlock button on the door :dunno:
This happens to me too, although I've convinced myself that I'm just hitting the trunk open button on my keyfob when i lay down or something, at least I hope :dunno:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
That's because the AC clutch is disengaged under certain load/rpm points.
Yup the control programmers were smart enough to know that if you had it floored,or close to it, you wanted maximum power available to you so the A/C compressor automatically disengages and then reengages when you cut back on the gas.

·
Ex-DSMer
3,612 Posts
Yup the control programmers were smart enough to know that if you had it floored,or close to it, you wanted maximum power available to you so the A/C compressor automatically disengages and then reengages when you cut back on the gas.
This is the most valuable thing I've read on GenCoupe. I'm old-school and still practiced turning off the AC before romping on the car. :)

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,271 Posts
Pretty much common for the last ten years or so.

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
2013 is a whole diff ball game. Your making 50 more whp then us

·
Registered
897 Posts
2013 is a whole diff ball game. Your making 50 more whp then us

You should not have any issues at all, especially with your mods.... I could careless about beating Si, most of these guys can't drive anyway. I'm all about being able to compete with EVOs and Z's. Upgraded turbo, intercooler, injectors, and a few other things - Here I come!

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
716 Posts
:rofl:I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the GCs all have a weeny sounding horn!

41 - 60 of 360 Posts