Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting a BK2 3.8

Hello everyone,

So I had a BK1 2.0T a few years back but traded it in. I'm looking to get back into a Genesis and thinking about the BK2 3.8.

Just wanted to see if anyone has made that transition and if they can express their opinions on it. Do you love it? Regret it? How's the power? Gas? Should I wait until I find a good deal on a BK2 2.0T?

I'm not sure if I would be happier with more torque or more horsepower...

I plan on doing bolt ons and a simple canned tuned. Nothing major.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've never owned a BK2 2.0T but a buddy of mine does. We've recently done a lot of mods to his 2.0T and installed an SFR stage 1.5 tune with NGK 1 step colder plugs. His car is a lot of fun to drive but my Bk2 3.8 is still probably a tad faster with basically the same mods, exhaust, intake, and an SFR canned tune. I myself have swapped from a BK1 3.8 to a BK2 3.8 and I do not regret it. I love my BK2. All of the changes they made to the car between the years have all been for the better, in my personal opinion. Basically, if you're going for power out of the box and don't plan on any BIG mods to put on the 2.0T, you're better off going with the 3.8. Simple bolt on's, (exhaust, intake) on both cars will still leave the 3.8 with the advantage, It's when you start changing up the turbo side of things on the 2.0T that you will surpass the 3.8.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never owned a BK2 2.0T but a buddy of mine does. We've recently done a lot of mods to his 2.0T and installed an SFR stage 1.5 tune with NGK 1 step colder plugs. His car is a lot of fun to drive but my Bk2 3.8 is still probably a tad faster with basically the same mods, exhaust, intake, and an SFR canned tune. I myself have swapped from a BK1 3.8 to a BK2 3.8 and I do not regret it. I love my BK2. All of the changes they made to the car between the years have all been for the better, in my personal opinion. Basically, if you're going for power out of the box and don't plan on any BIG mods to put on the 2.0T, you're better off going with the 3.8. Simple bolt on's, (exhaust, intake) on both cars will still leave the 3.8 with the advantage, It's when you start changing up the turbo side of things on the 2.0T that you will surpass the 3.8.
Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't plan on doing any major upgrades performance wise to either one I choose. So, I'm leaning more towards the 3.8 as of now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts