Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fk it, I'm on one..
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the boyfriend and I went out test driving cars for fun yesterday, and ended up at Ricart in Columbus, Ohio. It's one of those humungo places that has almost every make of car, a one stop shop if you will. We stopped over at the Hyundai/Equus/Nissan building first.

First of all, I want to say the Equus is immaculate in person. I got my wine topper from Hyundai in the mail the other day, and it made me that much more curious to check one out in person. If I could afford to hire a driver to drive me around in it, I would definitely buy one. :squint:

Then I noticed 2 of their Genesis Coupes had the aftermarket 'wing' badges installed. Also noticed how much they are charging for these. Asenine.

Thought I would share. I got some pretty evil looks while I was laughing :p

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Day rape surprise butt secks with clothes on and some sea sand in the mix for some friction lol

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
WTF? $500 for some stupid tacky wing badges?

Day rape surprise butt secks with clothes on and some sea sand in the mix for some friction lol

:rofl:

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I can imagine the face of the new owner after he sees the same emblems on sale online for 1/6th of the price...LOL

Also they might be marking them up so when the owner comes back with a tarnished/peeling emblem, they can replace it under "warranty", you know the 4-5 times it'll happen over the ownership of the car..:rofl:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Lol crazy what they charge for these... Nothing compared to Advantage Hyundai on Long Island, they had the wheels and F/R wings for $1995 :eek::eek: No lies!!

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
It's funny because if you tried to sell the car to them with the wing badges, they'd probably mark $500 off the value.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Yeah dealerships up around here try that crap too!

·
Registered
539 Posts
nothing compared to my wheel moldings/door edge "guards" which came to a grand total of $9,995
(for those of you who don't know, those are that rubber strip people put on the ends of their doors)

·
The Dabbler
58 Posts
That is crazy. Dealers are very funny especially if your educated on the cars before you go in. My dealer had this included on my car:

$995 package including 3m door edge guards (clear vinyl)
wheel locks (probably $35 at pep boys)
ipod cable (maybe $50)
trunk mat and net ( $100 or so)

I told them to go ahead and take it off cuz I dont want it. Then they told me that they would give me the car for the price I wanted and throw the stuff in after me getting a little pissed off. Its funny how dealer additions carry like a 200% markup. I'd like to see how much they would charge if the windows were tinted.

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Yeah its not an uncommon practice for sales to do that.

Remember, there is very little (to no) money in terms of profit for new car sales. So the sales staff add things to the car to try to make a little extra on their end.

On the parts end, if someone came in to buy the badging from me, Id sell it relative to my cost on them, and usually something comparable to online.

Im appalled we sell the pre badged kits for the price we do. But in most cases I guess its more of a selling point than it it is profit. (buy the car well throw the badges in for free type of deal)

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
That is crazy. Dealers are very funny especially if your educated on the cars before you go in. My dealer had this included on my car:

$995 package including 3m door edge guards (clear vinyl)
wheel locks (probably $35 at pep boys)
ipod cable (maybe $50)
trunk mat and net ( $100 or so)

I told them to go ahead and take it off cuz I dont want it. Then they told me that they would give me the car for the price I wanted and throw the stuff in after me getting a little pissed off. Its funny how dealer additions carry like a 200% markup. I'd like to see how much they would charge if the windows were tinted.
Aside from the edge guards, the wheel locks, cable, and trunk mat/net are all OEM. I believe the locks are <40 from the parts counter. The ipod cable is 35 msrp, and the mat, close to 60? The net is around 40.

I believe most of the new models already come with the cable pre packaged. As sales rarely if ever comes down to ask for one to put in a car.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
LOL they don't call them "Stealers" for nothing...
+1....I've seen similar **** happen at my dealership. But I guess if you are ignorant enough not to reasearch or at least read the details of what you purchasing. :squint:

·
Fk it, I'm on one..
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can imagine the face of the new owner after he sees the same emblems on sale online for 1/6th of the price...LOL

Also they might be marking them up so when the owner comes back with a tarnished/peeling emblem, they can replace it under "warranty", you know the 4-5 times it'll happen over the ownership of the car..:rofl:
No doubt! I am on my second one, and this time I am getting it painted, not chrome.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I'd be willing to sell my Genesis badges for half price if anyone is interested. $247.50 is a steal! PM me for my paypal addy :D

·
Fk it, I'm on one..
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

This made me choke on my gatorade while taking a drink, LOL :rofl:

Lol crazy what they charge for these... Nothing compared to Advantage Hyundai on Long Island, they had the wheels and F/R wings for $1995 :eek::eek: No lies!!
Holy balls, that is just insane. I would have told them to go ahead and take that **** off right then and there (If that was the car I was going to buy)...

It's funny because if you tried to sell the car to them with the wing badges, they'd probably mark $500 off the value.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking...I know they docked money off the quote for my 05 Tiburon when I was trying to trade it in...I had the Tuscani T badges on the hood, trunk, and wheels.

nothing compared to my wheel moldings/door edge "guards" which came to a grand total of $9,995
(for those of you who don't know, those are that rubber strip people put on the ends of their doors)
$9,995??? I surely hope that is a typo? If not, :eek: Are they retarded?

+1....I've seen similar **** happen at my dealership. But I guess if you are ignorant enough not to reasearch or at least read the details of what you purchasing. :squint:
Good point. If you are dumb enough to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something simple like this then you probably deserve it :rolleyes:

·
Fk it, I'm on one..
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
This happens all the time at dealerships across the country and all car companies. Its why dealerships have a Parts Department. Mercedes charges $800 for the bluetooth dongle that you need to connect your phone, even though the car says bluetooth "ready". You can find them on ebay for $100.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
Absolute Hyundai in Mesquite, TX cherges for 'an extra key' basically a premium for something you already get .... how do we know? We've traded cars with them all the time... they also charge for "Adjusted market Value" ... basically a markup because the car is 'rare'

1 - 20 of 34 Posts