Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a P2R spacer with the pipe dream of a N2O kit. I've since given up that idea for a few reasons, but now I have a spacer.

Is there any benefit to installing, general internet searching, forum search is down?, says no benefit on a fuel injected engine?

Yes or No?

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
Very minimal increase in intake manifold volume. Extra vacuum ports if you need them though.
This.

I will say for the 3.8 owners that you'll finally be able to hear your intake as well. That's one of the biggest complaints we get that owners can't hear it. A throttle body spacer changes that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I'm a little concerned about the noise.

After posting I found an obscure post an "obscure" forum where throwdown performance claimed +5.7whp on a stock, or modified, 3.8l

I figured I try it and see if the noise was too harsh.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts

After posting I found an obscure post an "obscure" forum where throwdown performance claimed +5.7whp on a stock, or modified, 3.8l

The noise of having the throttle body spacer?

It's next to none... But you can finally hear the "sucking" sound of your intake. >:D

·
Registered
350 Posts

No noise just the sucking of the air under 3k rpm mostly, I actually got mine from this guy^^^.

It s

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
It looks like you only use one, what's between the spacer and throttle body.

It looks like two, it's just one is upside down ,
Either way, I used 2.
Originally it was a brain fart. I didn't think about it when I ordered them for my car. Then I got anxious to get it installed and take pictures.

As soon as I get my car back I'll take another picture and change it. Lol.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed it yesterday after having a CNT catback installed.
I don't know the intake sound is "supposed" to be like but the only effect I might be able to tell is a throatier growl from the exhaust.

Hasn't harmed anything so it'll stay for now.

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Those phenolic gaskets are kind of a waste. Bypass the throttle body coolant and use a proper one down where the surge tank mates with the manifold. The TorqueSolutions ones are HDPE, basically cutting board material and while strong, don't have very good chemical resistance and thermal properties. Most people that have used them long term find that they melt or droop after a time.

Opt for an o-ring type spacer whenever possible too, better seal that can be repositioned multiple times vs. the OE crush gaskets.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have an intake on your car currently?
I'm using the stock air box with the carbon filter removed and a AEM dry filter.

Snoopy0812 said:
Those phenolic gaskets are kind of a waste. Bypass the throttle body coolant and use a proper one down where the surge tank mates with the manifold.
What is a "proper" one and does insulating the manifold make a real world difference?

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
I'm using the stock air box with the carbon filter removed and a AEM dry filter.

What is a "proper" one and does insulating the manifold make a real world difference?
Hearing more of a throatier growl out of the exhaust makes sense.

Insulating the manifold can help by reducing intake temperatures. It's important to remember that your engine runs extremely hot and as a result the intake manifold absorbs that heat and transfers it to the incoming cooler air. The cooler air that you get into the motor, the more power it can produce.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts