Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've seen a few posts that talk about these two things and I see a lot of the same questions and confusion. I figured I would just give my 2 cents since I have both. I have a 2010 2.0T Rspec and I've had 1:1 throttle from Tim at Gencoupestore for a few years and just recently got the TROS Potent Booster. I like them both and I also don't like them both and here's why.

Just a quick clarification:
1:1 Throttle
-Makes your DBW feel like a traditional cable driven throttle.
-10% input - 10% throttle open, 50% input - 50% throttle open etc.

Throttle Controller
-Adjusts throttle sensitivity depending on what mode you're in
-For example, Aggressive setting - 10% input - 50% throttle
Eco setting - 50% input - 10% throttle
(Not real values just giving a simple example)

Okay so, my initial reaction from the regular 91 tune compared to the same tune with 1:1 throttle was that I could finally tell my car how fast I wanted it to go based on where my foot was. I always hated when I needed to just go a little bit faster and so I give slightly more input and BAM I'm hitting 20psi. The 1:1 really helps with that. If I need to quickly merge, I give a bit more throttle and I'll hit 7 or 10psi and will only hit 20 when I'm wot or close to wot.

Then I found the drawback of this was when I would be rev matching and would need to give more input compared to before where I wouldn't need to give as much. This is fine when aggressive driving in canyons since you're more in tune and aware of how you're applying throttle. It is just sometimes more difficult when daily driving and you don't give as much input as you should've.

I've had the TROS for a few days and it definitely makes the throttle much more sensitive. This helped a lot with coming off the line or reversing. Since I have a lightweight flywheel, I need to give a bit more throttle to avoid bucking and what not. I can now barely give input and it will open the throttle more than the 1:1 and take off more smoothly. Rev matching is also easier since I don't need to give as much input.

I haven't tried every setting in every situation but as I stated before, I don't like giving let's say 40% input and having the throttle open all the way and hit 20psi. It's a weird feeling when you're wot but your foot isn't to the floor and when you put it to the floor, nothing changes and is just dead space. And vice versa, when you do have your foot the floor and you let off a bit and you're still going wot. Depending on how aggressive you have it set, it leaves less and less room for modulating your throttle based on input.

I have yet to compare the two on a canyon but based on what I've felt so far, I feel like I would like the 1:1 more and leave the TROS off or at least leave it at the lowest setting (HH1). I think it could be dangerous if you're in a turn and partially on throttle and the slightest adjustment in your foot is made and all of a sudden you hit peak boost unintentionally. I like being able to know that when I'm giving let's say 40% input the throttle is opening by 40%.

Maybe it just takes some getting used to but having such a small window for your inputs, I don't see how the aggressive settings would be beneficial for canyons. I can see the benefits for straight line acceleration since you just barely press the pedal and you're wot. Of course some people will like not having to give a lot of input and be wot but in canyon you're not always wot so I wouldn't want to unintentionally have it happen.

So my final thoughts are that it is great to have both. They both have benefits in certain situations and both have drawbacks in certain situations. I have yet to try the eco setting but I'm sure it helps with fuel economy a lot based on me just tapping the throttle in neutral with it on and it would barely rev.

Hopefully this provides some good info for anyone who's looking to get either one or anyone who has one and is wondering if they should get the other.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized that this should probably be in general discussions and not here so mods please move if needed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts