Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do some spirited track driving in my 13 R-Spec and every time I hit the brake the throttle shuts off. How is one suppose to really "drive" this car?? I had no clue that this car had this.. Is there a fix for it yet? I tried searching but it seems no one has even talked about it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have tcs off?
Absolutely. I tried it on and off.. I tried different gears and speeds. I realize this is drive by wire but my Subie and other vehicles do not do this..

·
xFa
446 Posts
i'll do a little more searching to see if i can find anything, but really it sounds like you had traction off but stability still on. get back to you if i find anything, or if anyone else wants to chime in.

·
Logan
861 Posts
It's a safety measure from hyundai. Say your gas pedal is stuck and you need to stop quickly, hit the brakes and the throttle signal is shut off and brakes are at full force. The only way I have found to have both at same time is when the brakes have been pressed prior to the accelerator. It would certainly be nice to have an option to have it shut of with tcs though.

·
xFa
446 Posts
It's a safety measure from hyundai. Say your gas pedal is stuck and you need to stop quickly, hit the brakes and the throttle signal is shut off and brakes are at full force. The only way I have found to have both at same time is when the brakes have been pressed prior to the accelerator. It would certainly be nice to have an option to have it shut of with tcs though.
i found something similar to this in another thread, thanks for the input Logan.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I searched Brake Boost and found someone that said if they unplug the brake switch it will not do this. I imagine that you will have no tail lights either.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
I can brake boost in my rspec its a manual so idk about the autos. But I just floor it then hit the brakes. You'll heat up the brakes real fast though

·
I <3 Boobs!
17,486 Posts

·
I <3 Boobs!
17,486 Posts
For those of us who are inexperienced, what is brake boost and why would I want to do it?
Well, for one, its fun as hell. Two, you can use it to have fun with silly launches :D
Why would you buy a gen coupe if you're not going to have fun with it?

And, its what the OP was talking about...
If done improperly, it will cut the throttle as some have previously mentioned.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies everyone but I think there is a small misunderstanding. I just used the term brake boost for search purposes because I figured it would turn up more results. I am not looking to brake boost I am looking to left foot brake. You do this a lot on road courses and cornering. While on the accelerator you use the brake for slowing and tossing with out letting off the accelerator. On this car when you do this it kills the throttle. I AM able to "brake boost" by hitting the brake first and then the gas but that isn't how it works really on a course. Given the size and spool time of this turbo I really don't see a use for brake boosting unless you have a nice loud BOV and want to wake up the guy next to you which is always fun! :)

Thanks for that Video Rusty it sounds great!

·
Logan
861 Posts
Yeah, I know exactly what you are saying. After practicing some I'd imagine you could get pretty used to letting off gas completely and barely push brake, then re-apply gas and brake as desired.. lol that's a lot of extra effort

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I know exactly what you are saying. After practicing some I'd imagine you could get pretty used to letting off gas completely and barely push brake, then re-apply gas and brake as desired.. lol that's a lot of extra effort
Ya, that is one way. First thing I am going to do is go after the circuit that triggers the initial signal from the brake pedal. There has to be a separate wire and it might be as simple as unpinning one of the wires in the connector. I will go after the schematics and find out! I will keep everyone posted here if I find anything.. :D

·
Logan
861 Posts
Ya, that is one way. First thing I am going to do is go after the circuit that triggers the initial signal from the brake pedal. There has to be a separate wire and it might be as simple as unpinning one of the wires in the connector. I will go after the schematics and find out! I will keep everyone posted here if I find anything.. :D
That's the spirit :D Good luck, post back if ya find anything!

·
future 14 2.0t rspec
1,374 Posts
not to mention that if your drifting you might want to touch the brakes while drifting to correct the angle...but still be on the gas....pretty weird from a sports car...

also...this type of accel kill would kill heel toe as well....that is just ass! I cant imagine trying to drive a back road or a road course withOUT heel toeing..

·
I <3 Boobs!
17,486 Posts
Thanks for all the replies everyone but I think there is a small misunderstanding. I just used the term brake boost for search purposes because I figured it would turn up more results. I am not looking to brake boost I am looking to left foot brake. You do this a lot on road courses and cornering. While on the accelerator you use the brake for slowing and tossing with out letting off the accelerator. On this car when you do this it kills the throttle. I AM able to "brake boost" by hitting the brake first and then the gas but that isn't how it works really on a course. Given the size and spool time of this turbo I really don't see a use for brake boosting unless you have a nice loud BOV and want to wake up the guy next to you which is always fun! :)

Thanks for that Video Rusty it sounds great!
Thanks!
And you're welcome!

And now with further explanation, I can definitely understand better about where you're coming from... these other guys seem to have it under control.. so that's my cue...

·
Registered
177 Posts
not to mention that if your drifting you might want to touch the brakes while drifting to correct the angle...but still be on the gas....pretty weird from a sports car...

also...this type of accel kill would kill heel toe as well....that is just ass! I cant imagine trying to drive a back road or a road course withOUT heel toeing..

It doesn't effect heel/toe downshifting at all. I tested heel/toe the first time I drove the car and it worked just fine. You're hitting the brake FIRST so you can add throttle after that.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
For those of us who are inexperienced, what is brake boost and why would I want to do it?
you have instant boost, its good for roll racing, so on the third honk your already in boost instead of waiting for it to build. especially on the 13's its slow. try it, floor it from 50 and watch your boost gauge, then do it again but this time brake boost

·
future 14 2.0t rspec
1,374 Posts
It doesn't effect heel/toe downshifting at all. I tested heel/toe the first time I drove the car and it worked just fine. You're hitting the brake FIRST so you can add throttle after that.
ah ok....but gas then brake and your beat? what about left foot braking?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts