Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with my new turbo setup... it came with a tial wastegate and i think my mechanic had no knowledge on how to connect it, I have not driven it becomes it has turned off on me after the rpms arent able to stay at 1000 and eventually car shuts off... I contacted my tuner (i havent tuned it yet) and he said it likely needs a tune but that the idle might be due to wrongly connected vac lines...

anyone have pics to show me how the wastegate is connected and what its connected to in terms or the tubing... or can tell me where it plugs into?

2013 2.0t

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
the engine should be able to idle fine at 750~800 rpm

You need to pull codes to even know where to look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine should be able to idle fine at 750~800 rpm

You need to pull codes to even know where to look.
mechanic only has one hose connected from the wastegate to the solenoid (stock), and ive been looking around and seen that other cars have it plugged to different spots with 2 sometimes three houses connected to the solenoid or even with a tee adapter, so I believe the wastegate is not properly connected

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
mechanic only has one hose connected from the wastegate to the solenoid (stock), and ive been looking around and seen that other cars have it plugged to different spots with 2 sometimes three houses connected to the solenoid or even with a tee adapter, so I believe the wastegate is not properly connected
different ports?

Do you mean BOV? The wastegate and BOV serve 2 different functions.

Only reason why someone would route their wastegate vacuum line, directly to the manifold, is because they have a 15 psi or higher rated spring in it, or have some strange multiport setup for their wastegate.

Since you stated that the car dies when idling at 1000 rpm (I think that's what you meant) leads me to think that there is something unrelated going on. Likely forgetting to plug a connector back it somewhere.

Again, pull codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a bov and a tial wastegate... but i am reffering to the tial wastegate...
my wastegate is connected from the lower air port into what i believe it is the selenoid... i will ad a pic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wastegate i have located behind the manifols in this picture you can hardly see it, but the line i believe goes from the grey selenoid next to the catch can, to the bottom air port of the wastegate and im not 100% sure thats right

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
BK1 stock solenoid routing

... but I'm telling you, with the engine dying when trying to idle at 1000 rpm, It's highly likely that it's an unrelated issue.
The engine should be able to idle even with the lines mis-routed.
Only way to tell for sure what the ECU is whining about, is to pull engine codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone
BK1 stock solenoid routing

... but I'm telling you, with the engine dying when trying to idle at 1000 rpm, It's highly likely that it's an unrelated issue.
The engine should be able to idle even with the lines mis-routed.
Only way to tell for sure what the ECU is whining about, is to pull engine codes.
You believe it might be a problem with the fuel pump? I heard that from someone else...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts