Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my tib got totalled by someone blowing the light at the intersection :(
I just got a 2013 genesis rspec as a replacement and I was thinking of just throwing winters on my stock tib 17s and running that while it’s snowy out, I know it’ll bolt up but I’m unsure about clearance of the r specs brembos
Also will 17s look dumb hahaha
Thank you

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
105 Posts
A few weeks ago my tib got totalled by someone blowing the light at the intersection :(
I just got a 2013 genesis rspec as a replacement and I was thinking of just throwing winters on my stock tib 17s and running that while it’s snowy out, I know it’ll bolt up but I’m unsure about clearance of the r specs brembos
Thank you
Best way to test the clearance? Probably just putting them on and finding out.
As for 17's on a Gen? Yes. Yes it does. I bought my old blue Gen with 17's on it and it looked ridiculous. However, for winter it shouldn't be a big deal. If you are winter driving a Gen, just make sure your setup is functional.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best way to test the clearance? Probably just putting them on and finding out.
As for 17's on a Gen? Yes. Yes it does. I bought my old blue Gen with 17's on it and it looked ridiculous. However, for winter it shouldn't be a big deal. If you are winter driving a Gen, just make sure your setup is functional.
Thanks, yeah the clearance thing is more of me being inpatient my bad lol. I’m debating whether or not I should just buy some new 18s, I’ll test fit the 17s tonight but I don’t have high expectations for the looks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you
No, you can call tire rack & they will tell you or you can look it up, but I'd rather talk to a person. I have a 2013 w/ brembos. I went down to 18" OZ (saved about 62 lbs unsprung) still have clearance. Get taller aspect tires, don't you sorta want that w/ snows ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, you can call tire rack & they will tell you or you can look it up, but I'd rather talk to a person. I have a 2013 w/ brembos. I went down to 18" OZ (saved about 62 lbs unsprung) still have clearance. Get taller aspect tires, don't you sorta want that w/ snows ?
You most certainly do, I think there’s still gonna be hella gap tho even when I get winters put on them
I tried them and they fit, I don’t think it’ll look the absolute best but it’s safer for the moment until I have the money for nicer rims

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
793 Posts
If you are putting those on an RSpec, they probably won't clear the Brembo Brakes. I think 18s are the smallest you can go with those.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you are putting those on an RSpec, they probably won't clear the Brembo Brakes. I think 18s are the smallest you can go with those.
That's true actually. The brembos barely clear the OEM premium wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd recommend just getting some cheap 18 steelies. Just verify that the brembos will clear first. I think there is a thread somewhere about it. The Gen doesn't have to look great to beat the winter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You most certainly do, I think there’s still gonna be hella gap tho even when I get winters put on them
I tried them and they fit, I don’t think it’ll look the absolute best but it’s safer for the moment until I have the money for nicer rims
thats good hard info, you put 17'' wheels & they cleared ? I can get 2 fingers between my 18'' & caliper, but w/offset , nothing is positive like mounting them. So, I have some 17" w/ blizzak, 18" w/pirelli, 19" wOEM summer bridgestones ? (& that goofy spare and alloy wheel)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts