Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went through the Official wheel fitment thread all 30 some pages WOW! but didn't really see my answer. I am sure I am going to get some crap opinions I get it some people like to do that on the forum no problem.

Just wanted to see if my good ole friends on GenCoupe could help me with my question.

So I was just wondering if my current 3.8 RSpec Track Wheels set up
19x8 225/40/R19 Front and 19x8.5 245/40/R19 Rear would be able to make this inquiry happen..

The car is only 2months old so the tires are in great condition. I wanted to move the rear tires 245/40/R19 to the front wheels and get two new tires for the back for a wider tire.

AND HERE IS THE QUESTION:hello:

Can I fit a 275/35/19 Tire on a 19x8.5 wheel? BOOM that just happened!!:point:

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it doesn't necessarily have to be the 275/35/19. Eventually down the line I would swap the rims to a 19x10.

I guess a better question would be, if I wanted a wider tire for a 19x8.5 rear what size would work on both a 19x8.5 and 19x10 wheel? Since I would upgrade my rims later on.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well, technically most anything that will fit a 8.5 will fit a 10 with enough stretch :p

But 25.4mm in 1 inch so just multiply your rim width by 25.4 and find out your ratio.

25.4x10=254mm

Also depends on your suspension setup. Im not familar with all that so maybe some of the wheel gurus (slider) will help you out :)

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I have a 265/35 on my stock 19x8.5 and its ok, just on the verge of being too big. I don't think 275 might be a bit much. At work now and don't have any pics. I'll take one when I get to my car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
as long as you got a tire with a good side wall there shouldnt be to much of a bulge that would decrease handling! I would look at some new rims though if your willing to go threw with new tires. cause even if you were to get new rims now ( wider) you can always swap over stock tires, for a some what stretched look until they wear down and you sport a 245/275 setup!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 265/35 on my stock 19x8.5 and its ok, just on the verge of being too big. I don't think 275 might be a bit much. At work now and don't have any pics. I'll take one when I get to my car.
PM me some pictures when you can

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts