Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New member here.

It's time for some new tires and I'm interested in the Firehawk Indy 500s. My 2011 Gen Coupe 3.8 Track calls for 225/40R19 front and 245/40R19 rear. The problem is that while the Indy 500s are available in that size for the rear, they don't have my front tire size. The next closest size is 235/35R19. Does anyone out there have experience with this? Would there be a problem with using the 235s? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am running 245/35/19 up front and 275/35/19 in the rear of my 2010 3.8 Track. I know if you mix certain widths and aspect ratios it can throw off the speed sensors in the wheels. I've been running my sizes for about 4 1/2 years now.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I appreciate the response, Lethal!
No problem. Also, Tire Rack is having a clearance sale on the General G-Max AS-03's that come in those sizes. They are damn near half price and a pretty decent tire. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...S03XLOLD&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes They might be out of them for the rears (I may have bought some of the last ones) but at least you can get some cheaper ones for the front. I really liked mine. Not a fan of the Continental DWS tires or the DWS 06's as much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What Lethal said. A larger tire should be fine as long as the side wall height is smaller. Usually a tire gets more expensive the lower profile you get. But it will work if you're set on those tires! Good luck!

·
Registered
357 Posts
As long as it's within 2%of us rolling diameter you will be fine I run a 255 front tire on and those generals are so much better than stock and oddly enough have twice the tread...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tirerack was out of the G-Max AS-03's 275/35 x 19 on the website, so I called and they found 2 in 2 different warehouses. I also noticed they had some dated 245/35 x 19 for 87.38!! Plus there is a $70 Visa card. With the Visa card, I got the set for 500.00, including tax and shipping.....

ominousone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts