Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I just wanted to ask people who are knowledgeable of this before making a decision.

I have a 2016 R-Spec and I’m in the process of choosing some aftermarket rims and tires. This is the set up I’ve considered going with:
Font Material property Communication Device Screenshot Technology

I mainly want to know if this would be a good setup and if I’ll need to do anything else to make this work.

I intend on getting either some BC or Silvers coilovers shortly after ordering these because I want to drop the car by about 2 inches. I considered possibly going with 18“ wheels, but I personally like the look of 19“.

Will this setup work or will I need to roll/pull the fenders? A friend of mine suggested getting spacers, but I’m not sure if I’ll need to do that since I already planned on getting the fenders rolled anyway.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t 8 Speed Auto Transmission
52 Posts
Have you looked at the extreme contact Sport Continental tires? The DWS are amazing but over time I’ve noticed they wear out faster than the sport ones and the sports handler a little better in the right corners. Just my opinion on the matter. Either way can’t go wrong with either tire. Also I’d go with the 18s, those are some nice wheels as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I just wanted to ask people who are knowledgeable of this before making a decision.

I have a 2016 R-Spec and I’m in the process of choosing some aftermarket rims and tires. This is the set up I’ve considered going with: View attachment 78929

I mainly want to know if this would be a good setup and if I’ll need to do anything else to make this work.

I intend on getting either some BC or Silvers coilovers shortly after ordering these because I want to drop the car by about 2 inches. I considered possibly going with 18“ wheels, but I personally like the look of 19“.

Will this setup work or will I need to roll/pull the fenders? A friend of mine suggested getting spacers, but I’m not sure if I’ll need to do that since I already planned on getting the fenders rolled anyway.
This chart has been around forever on the forum. I got Aodhan DS-02 wheels in the 18x9.5+22 and 18x10.5+22 offsets and it fits well. Although there is some poke even at -2* camber. I think your main concern would be the rears might need a larger offset, hence the spacers might be necessary if you can't find a slightly larger offset for the 11's. You might find some examples in those sizes on the wheel fitment mega-thread.
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
78 Posts
I have that exact setup right now except 35 profile tires and not 40. but for my size the only thing I’d say is I wish I would’ve gone 18” or saved up and bought lighter forged wheels cause the rear 11inch bigbois are heavy.
Fitment wise you’re in the clear. No rub or scrub at 35 profile. I run 1 degree of camber up front and they’re flush. I run about 2.5 degrees of camber in the back and there’s a slight poke, but that’s what I like. For no poke you’ll have to go down to 10.5 or 10”. If you roll your fenders you might be able to make it flush but idk, don’t know anyone that’s done it for this exact size.
Check out this thread, I went into detail a lot more with pics so you can get an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts