Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Original member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since it's being discussed so much lets talk about tires and other suspension components here.

1) do you think BK will suffer from the g35/350z 15k tire wear issue?

2) why are the 19's so coveted? they aren't much wider are they? do yall just like the wheels that much?

3) think hyundai will offer lifetime tires?

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
1) It will depend on the suspension set-up. I think that Nissan/Infiniti did end up resolving this issue after the first year didn't they? My father had an 04 350Z Roadster, we had no problems with tire wear.

2) I want the 19"s simply because the fact that they are 19" and the way they look, I absolutely love the way that they set off the look of the car and fill out the wheel wells so well.

3) I doubt it, on a RWD sports car, I think that it would be somewhat stupid of them to do this, but if they do, I will be all over that one.

·
Original member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but it would suck to have tires only go 12-15k. that pissed off alot of g35 owners. they got it fixed kinda. up to 35-40k. 18"+ tires are $$$. what are the specs on the tires?

·
Registered
117 Posts
From the article on Edmunds:

Regardless of the engine underhood, Track models will come with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer tires, sized 225/40R19 up front and 245/40R19 in back. Non-Track Genesis coupes get 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE092As in front and 245/45s in back.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I drove on summer tires only once,first time in snow after discovering i had no brakes coming down a hill thru a red lite i had enough.The next day had PolePositions put on(the #1 all-season performance tire) and i really can not tell the difference except for a little more road noise and the exact same handling.
I doubt dealers will switch tires,these come off the boats like this and the summer tires on the SE's just add to the flavor & tuning appeal.

SUMMER TIRE...

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

ALL-SEASON TIRE ...

Bridgestone Potenza RE92A

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had unltra high performance summers on my old Eclipse and was extatic that I got 15k out them. I didn't think they would last near that long. That's the price you pay for plus sizing. You don't get the tire selection for long use it's now about performance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had unltra high performance summers on my old Eclipse and was extatic that I got 15k out them. I didn't think they would last near that long. That's the price you pay for plus sizing. You don't get the tire selection for long use it's now about performance.
Yeah, I figure that "summer tires" are meant for just that...you put them on when the weather is nice, take them off when it's not. So they last you two seasons or so. Or half a season if you give into your autoX friends and track you car...

·
Registered
721 Posts
If i buy the SE i will selling those tries after my all-season installs.
Look for my "FOR SALE" post with a healthy discount to get rid of them. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts