Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas, so I currently own a 2010 3.8 GT.
Over the course of my ownership of my gennie, I've had to replace my tires very frequently (every 6-8 months) even with regular tire rotations. I've taken it to my mechanic to have the suspension and wheel components inspected and everything checks out to be perfectly fine. No cracks, no loose parts, nothing. I am on airbags, airlift 3p kit specifically, i have gotten alignments regularly as well, yet my tires still wear quickly. Any help or insight would be great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of wear?
Whole tire, not uneven. I drive my gennie like a grandma, never brake hard, never corner hard, nothing of that kind of nature

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doesn't sound at all normal.

I'm not saying I race mine but I sometimes run it pretty hard.

My original tires went about 31,000 miles (no tire rotations on a Track due to the front/back tire width being different - rims, too - and the directional tires). The replacements (recommended by the dealership) only lasted about 20,000 miles. The tires I replaced those with (not factory identical but same brand and performance rating) are at 30,000 miles and have a whole lot of tread on them. Again, no rotation of the tires for 30,000 miles.

The high performance tires on the Traks and R-Specs usually don't last as long as a standard set of tires due to the softer rubber compound and the very small tread depth they come new with.

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
Stop doing donuts and late braking on normal streets? lol

What tires and tire size are you running?
Also, how do you rotate your tires?

·
153 Posts
Do they do an alignment at your drive around ride height?
How much toe are you running?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stop doing donuts and late braking on normal streets? lol

What tires and tire size are you running?
Also, how do you rotate your tires?
Hahaha as i said i drive this thing like a grandma, no donuts for me, but im running 225/40r18 both front to back, tires would rub and blow bags on any other size

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they do an alignment at your drive around ride height?
How much toe are you running?
They have to lift the car up high in order to not scrape on the ground lift equipment, so honestly I'd assume not
Toe on front is .35 and rear is .14

·
Premium Member
15,910 Posts
Hahaha as i said i drive this thing like a grandma, no donuts for me, but im running 225/40r18 both front to back, tires would rub and blow bags on any other size
Then it's either the compound of the tires, and/or too much toe (if it only wearing on the front tires... Unless yours is a salvage, then toe in the back might have not been corrected. Rear is suppose to have zero toe)
That and doing a standard tire rotation could be why all tires have the same wear. It's suppose to be a staggered tire setup from the factory, so you only switch the tires left and right, but sounds like you are using a square setup.

What brand/model tires are you running? (compound)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts