Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2016 ultimate a couple years back from an auction site. I received the car and then a few weeks later an updated title paper came in saying it had been deemed a title of destruction. Anyone know what/where I can go to get this fixed? I’ve been stuck in a loop ever since trying to get someone somewhere to guide me through this. Maybe you guys know something I don’t!

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Was the car purchased knowing the title status?
If you have some sort of documentation of title status stating otherwise, then It can be grounds to null the purchase, as it was purchased under false pretense.

If you don't want to go through the whole legal process, are they able to transfer the title even though it's a "destruction" status?
Likely easier to change the status in you state, or since the title hasn't been transferred yet (my assumption) might want to contact them and ask them to have the Kentucky dmv change the status for you, and you pay if there are any fees involved.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm no expert, but I've seen many vehicles titled "salvaged" or "reconstructed" here in Nevada, registered/plated. Different states obviously do things differently but I'd imagine if you get a P.O. box in the state you could get it inspected, titled, licensed, and insured. I've read that in some states it's impossible to insure a salvage titled vehicle, personally no insurance company has ever asked me that question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts