Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Now that I got my main issues resolved. I can work better on my last remaining annoying issue. My CEL light. This is being triggered due to not having CATS. I understand how that works, and why its triggering. My question; is those whom have the above set-up, with a Tune (BTR\SFR\ etc) what did you do, if anything that managed to shut that off? I was told to try and use Defoulers, but before I buy any again I'd rather try and find a simi-proven one that others have had success with and that fit properly on the test pipes. If anyone could include a pic, or a model number I'd be very thankful.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Do you care about the CEL or do you care about emissions testing?

BTRcc tune for me got rid of the CEL, but I could not pass emissions. The tune basically tells the ECU that one or two systems are never 'ready' (evap if I'm not mistake), so it doesn't light up the CEL for emissions codes. If that's all you care about, go for it.

If you need to pass emissions testing that reads the ECU, there are, in my opinion, no adequate solutions available around defoulers or other tricks that work for an OBD2/CAN Emissions check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts