Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i offer it for people in the quebec area .. i did a few cars already and im currently making a set of quad projector headlights since i was tired of waiting for a quote from some other guys here .. just decided to do it myself .. will post pics soon!

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not scared of opening them, I'm scared of having issues after it's all put back together. :) I'm extremely tempted to try it though.
when i put them back together i use small clamps that i can put everywhere around to make sure it seals correctly

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
No, but I am too scared to open my tail lamps...Muhahaha!

·
Words Matter/Numbers Rule
294 Posts
There's just something totally unnatural about prying open a headlamp full of sticky glue. Can just imagine all the moisture/condensation problems afterwards.

·
Joe-Shmoe
2,275 Posts
There's just something totally unnatural about prying open a headlamp full of sticky glue. Can just imagine all the moisture/condensation problems afterwards.
The headlight themselves have "drain holes" to allow humidity to seep out, I think. So it's not exactly "sealed".

It's best to not "reseal" right away after painting to allow the paint proper air circulation as it dries out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you get stuck on the retrofit hit me up. Cool that you're going to give it a shot, take lots of pics if you dont mind, I'm interested to see how you're going to approach the work, its a bit of a beast.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i did open mine to paint them

everybody knows the gencoupe HAS a headlight condensation problem from the factory

which I also had

so I made sure to seal it better when I was done, now there's no more condensation problem !

i say do it !

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
i'm pulling mine apart now. anyone have suggestions? i'll be logged on the whole time. so pm or post or anything if you want

·
Registered
339 Posts
i offer it for people in the quebec area .. i did a few cars already and im currently making a set of quad projector headlights since i was tired of waiting for a quote from some other guys here .. just decided to do it myself .. will post pics soon!
where you located exactly...ottawa/gatineau area ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts