Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here looking to remove the factory emblems from the front and back and replace with GC emblem.

What tools do I need? I’ve seen some YouTube videos already. Seems removing the front emblem will be the hardest.

What about the steering wheel emblem? Any advice? I’ve seen people just put the GC emblem on top of the factory emblem on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Just work the speed nuts off the back of each emblem and cut through the tape with fish line, use alchohol to remove the goo, be patient and take your time. I wouldent remove the emblem on the air bag just stick a thin lightweight wing wmblem over the H. Be aware if the airbag deploys whatever is on stuck on the center of the steering wheel becomes a potential projectile for whoever is behind the wheel.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
I snapped the backing pins off the front emblem with a screwdriver and a hammer b/c I didn't care to keep it. If you want to keep it, it's probably easier to just buy an aftermarket grille and stick your wing badges on that and keep your stock grille pristine if you ever want to put it back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts