Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to view the PID definitions in the Hyundai EX plugin for Torque, or how to get that list as a CSV or text file? I've purchased the plugin, and would like to use some of the PIDs in another app, as Torque is giving me grief with ridiculously slow logging.

The only thing I can access is the plugin's apk file, but I don't have a way to decompile/view it. I can't find any file that Torque would read from, so I assume it's being installed at some binary level into Torque. (I'm a programmer but clueless when it comes to Android)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
It looks like those exta PID s are locked for edditing, so can't access their formula.

I did not think that there were any useful extra PID s from that add on.

The more gauges you run, the slower re fresh rate will be. Also cheep Chinese OB2 adapters can read less sensors per second.

Make sure you have `faster communication ` turned on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is getting really frustrating. The OBDLink app will log 8 items every .25s, but I can't use the dash display and log at the same time; only the graph view which is limited to 4 displayed items (and, it's a useless graph view). Also, documentation is basically non-existent and there are no ready-made Hyundai specific PIDs.

Torque is more robust in almost every way, but the logging rate is just stupid slow no matter what I try. GRRRRRRRR!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Reactions: v8vroom

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
LoL, is it built into the the Torque APK?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Might be now days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,445 Posts
This is getting really frustrating. The OBDLink app will log 8 items every .25s, but I can't use the dash display and log at the same time; only the graph view which is limited to 4 displayed items (and, it's a useless graph view). Also, documentation is basically non-existent and there are no ready-made Hyundai specific PIDs.

Torque is more robust in almost every way, but the logging rate is just stupid slow no matter what I try. GRRRRRRRR!
Torque is not the problem in slow logging. It does this in milliseconds and many PIDs at once I would blame your Bluetooth connection on the phone.

Here's a list of Torque plug ins. https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Plugins

Here's a link to a log I made. You can see how fast it's updated and this was with the cheap generic OBDII adapter.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2R9oQ1UwB-HX0UyRmVSeC1EcUk

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Torque is not the problem in slow logging. It does this in milliseconds and many PIDs at once I would blame your Bluetooth connection on the phone.
If it was my tablet or BT adapter/connection, then I wouldn't be logging 8 PIDs every 250ms on another app with the exact same setup. And, it's an OBDLink LX adapter, which Torque itself recommends as the fastest you can get. (In fact, I just bought it because I thought maybe my previous Chinese cheapo was the problem...it's not).

The stats show that I'm reading up to 50 PIDs per second at 11-bit/500 baud, and my tablet can write a log entry every 100ms with no stumbling at all. So something is wrong with the way Torque is collecting the PIDs and presenting them to Android for logging.

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Torque has a forum too. Maybe they can help.
Yeah... I've posted there a couple times. Still hoping someone responds. :)

After looking at your log example, you aren't seeing much better resolution than I am. Even though Torque is logging every .5s, the PIDs aren't logging as a full rescan each time. You are ending up with "stagnant" blocks of data, which works out to a fully updated data set about once every 1.5 seconds I believe.

Compare that to a WOT log I captured with the OBDLink app. Notice that on every log line (about every .25s), each logged PID is a fresh value. I can take this up to at least 8 PIDs and still see fresh data for each one, at 250ms resolution. (Ignore the oil temp; I was experimenting with an invalid PID :) ).

·
Cranky old bastard
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't believe it's this difficult to find a simple PID definition for a couple of ECU data points (CVVT oil temp and knock). The Torque people apparently won't release any of the Advanced EX data even if it's paid for, and everyone else has custom PIDs locked down like they're freakin' gold or platinum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts