Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Professional Troll
349 Posts
if you have a 2013 then it is measured afr and it is accurate
and no you don't lose accurancy in the transfers ...it send's data packet...so it retains all of the data...
True. I forgot that the 13's have a wideband :laugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok thank you. I've been wondering about my wideband gauge. At wot it blinks which means I'm below 10 and on torque it'll read low 10's.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ok thank you. I've been wondering about my wideband gauge. At wot it blinks which means I'm below 10 and on torque it'll read low 10's.
that look like a aem gage lol ...should have get an innovate...they go lower

that is what i get at idle so seem to be good enough lol

but wait ??? low 10 on 2013 !!! should be way higher ...i don't i'm tuned now so i'm not 100% sur but from what i remember 2013 stock pcm was looking for 11 afr....older model go lower for safety margin since they go blind

ps..yes i know my trim are a bit to far lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm tuned. And I don't sit stoich at idle. I sit around 14 I haven't got a chance to look at the commanded afr at wot.

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
in this app w/ advanced hyundai add-on, w/ the 2013 2.0, which motor should I select? theta bk-a, bk-b or bk-c?

just reloaded my nexus and forgot which one i selected last time :/

nevermind, just reread this thread. guess i'll go w/ bk-a for the extra parameters
i have the advanced add on as well, is there parameters that are useful? I have WOT which is either on/off, fuel cutoff which is also on/off and thats it, the rest are either uterlly useless (PRND for auto, turbine speed, and CVVT Oil temp, which are all fixed numbers that never move)

·
Professional Troll
349 Posts
i have the advanced add on as well, is there parameters that are useful? I have WOT which is either on/off, fuel cutoff which is also on/off and thats it, the rest are either uterlly useless (PRND for auto, turbine speed, and CVVT Oil temp, which are all fixed numbers that never move)
CVVT Oil temp is nice to have if you're on the stock tune. If you have a canned tune it will read something outrageous. I have PRW base tune and my CVVT oil temp read -54F lol.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
CVVT Oil temp is nice to have if you're on the stock tune. If you have a canned tune it will read something outrageous. I have PRW base tune and my CVVT oil temp read -54F lol.
i use knock
cvvt oil temp...mine work's fine with sfr
i think injector pulse witdh and % are in there to

and i'm using a custom one to get boost higner than 25 psi >:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oil temp works fine for me too. Custom sfr tune. And prnd doesn't work even for autos. For knock torque had an add on called knock detector. Its free I think. And injector duty cycle hasn't worked for me.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Oil temp works fine for me too. Custom sfr tune. And prnd doesn't work even for autos. For knock torque had an add on called knock detector. Its free I think. And injector duty cycle hasn't worked for me.
yeah but i would not trust to much that app...from what i figured out it was mostly checking timing change ...if there was it would maybe it was cause by knock ...nothing like a direct input to pcm...saying yes you have some lol

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,266 Posts
Absolute load will tell you when you're at what rpm for peak torque and a relative value of how much you are putting out expressed as a percentage. I can't say what the conversion would be for lb/ft or HP.

For a NA motor to hit 100% is very good and some may go over that with the variable cams. I've seen +200 many times with the turbo.

100% on a 3.8L means you are moving with 100% efficiency, or 3.8L per combustion cycle factoring all 6 cylinders one time. At least that is how I understand it.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,266 Posts
There is load and absolute. Load is usually limited to 100%.

It depends on temperature of the air and the atmospheric pressure along with the engine mods. But it's a great marker to watch for peak power.

·
Registered
133 Posts
All the parameters highlighted in green are available.

i like to check the boost, a/f ratio, intake temp, throttle position just to be sure everything is in check.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts