Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a Quaife diff Thursday and the only thing I'm not able to find are the torque specs for the ring gear and bearing cap bolts. I called my local dealer who printed off the procedure for replace and reassemble of the diff. Unfortunately, nowhere in that info are the torque spec's I'm looking for.

Has anyone that has done this found the correct torque spec's for these bolts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the first place I looked and unfortunately, it doesn't show any torque info for these particular bolts.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
I guess I'm confused.

In any case... yeah... no torque specs on those bolts. If you need a DIY that will help you out, check this thread: http://www.gencoupe.com/articles-driveline/52467-open-differential-lsd-swap.html

Now... this isn't a thread that will tell you how to install your Quaife LSD.... but it should give you some insight as to how it all goes together.

This DIY covers the install of a Quaife... but no torque specs: http://www.gencoupe.com/drivetrain/...asing-lsd-install-6sp-2-0t-lots-pictures.html

I figure if there is no torque spec... the torque must be German (guten tight).... but if that isn't scientific enough for you... I've found torque ranges from 50-90 ft/lbs for the bearing cap bolts and 55-65 ft/lbs for the ring gear. Both seem to be in the guten tight range.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I've looked at both of those over the past week and found them to be great reference DIY's. I just don't like putting stuff back together without the proper numbers. My main concern would the bearing caps, the wrong torque for these bolts could be an issue for the bearings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Torque for the bearing cap bolts is 39.8 - 47.0 ft lbs according to the sedan repair manual. Looks like the same PDF as ours for the GCs but has the torque specs for the caps.Took me a bit to find, I don not handle guten tight well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts