Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been discussed on the forums, I could not find it. I currently own a 3.8 track and from my understanding it already has HID's.

Someone said the track model is equipped with 4300K HID's by stock so if I wanted to upgrade to 5000K-6000K would I just need to upgrade the bulb or would I actually need to get a whole upgrade kit?

Also If i wanted to upgrade my fogs to HID's to match would I need an HID kit for that?

Thank You

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just the bulbs, I believe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
For the head lights, yes, only D1S HIDs bulbs.

For the fog lights, you'll need the Kit, it will come will everything you need to hook it up.

Then you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
fyi, HID fog lights are useless in the fog. if you live in a foggy area, you're far better off sticking with the stock bulbs, or even better, going illegal yellow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
fyi, HID fog lights are useless in the fog. if you live in a foggy area, you're far better off sticking with the stock bulbs, or even better, going illegal yellow.
I concur with that, but to play devil's advocate. If you live in a wooded area where animals just LOVE to jump out in front of you, the brighter lights help A LOT. Has saved my car on a number of occasions.

·
Registered
377 Posts
do we jsut need the bulb, or the bulb w/ a built in ignitor on it already?

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you're talking in regards to head lights, D1S is the whole unit you will need with the igniter attached.

If your'e talking about fog lights, everything will come with the kit, at least I know DiodeDynamic's kit comes with everything.

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Are yellow fogs illegal in CT? How does that work for cars that come with them from the factory, like many Lexus models?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the information! There is not much fog where I live so I guess having HID's for the fogs would be nice! The stock 4300K HID's seems pretty white already. I don't want the purple/blue light...just really bright white...would you recommend sticking with the 4300K's? or stepping up a bit?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well I just put 55w hids in my tundra. 6000k in the headlights which gives an awesome white light and 3000k in the fog lights which worked well in the fog last night.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You must be blinding people like crazy. I can not understand, how some people disregard others safety for your personal satisfaction. Those 3 or 4 seconds depending on your speed, could mean death or life for an old couple driving at night, but you don't care do you? Because it looks cool!

Well I just put 55w hids in my tundra. 6000k in the headlights which gives an awesome white light and 3000k in the fog lights which worked well in the fog last night.

·
Registered
651 Posts
How abou this, I live in a rural area and having more light is important for my safety. The lane marking lines are nearly nonexistant on the deer infested road I drive to work.
And if you would like to bitch at someone, I suggest you adress your comments to the entire forum rather than just quoting me. Do you not think the gc stockk hids are blinding?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,299 Posts
I have 55w fogs, have them aimed high and wired into the hi beams only.

Also have 55w HIDs in the hi beams. All 4300k.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You cannot compare HID projectors, to headlight housings that are made for halogen, how hard is that to comprehend?

About your excuse of living in a rural area, that makes no sense. The tundra already has a better field of view,and the headlights are plenty bright, they actually blind people, because of how high the tundra is.

Here, read this! Get educated.

Bitching? No, I raised a valid point, that ruffled your pretty feathers!

How abou this, I live in a rural area and having more light is important for my safety. The lane marking lines are nearly nonexistant on the deer infested road I drive to work.
And if you would like to bitch at someone, I suggest you adress your comments to the entire forum rather than just quoting me. Do you not think the gc stockk hids are blinding?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
I concur with that, but to play devil's advocate. If you live in a wooded area where animals just LOVE to jump out in front of you, the brighter lights help A LOT. Has saved my car on a number of occasions.
So instead you blind all the on-comming traffic instead.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,299 Posts
I would not recommend putting HIDs in the low beam if they were not designed for them. Nor the fogs unless they were no longer used as fogs and rewired so they will not come on with the low beams. I see no problem at all in using them in the hi beams.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Had you not quoted me and merely made a general comment then we wouldn't have a problem. But it is what it is, I have no concerns with what a screen name says nor do I expect you do either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts