Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to invite everyone to come track their car. This will be my first time tracking and it is a lot of fun. Don't feel bad if you've never done it before either. If you aren't into tracking there will also be a drift event on Sunday or you can just come to watch. I made a post in the Amateur Motorsports section with full details, but I just wanted to post here for all of you who haven't thought about trying it before. Sorry if this is considered spam, I wasn't too sure. Thanks and hope to see you there. http://www.gencoupe.com/amateur-motorsports/94857-raceline-usa-open-track-6-23-2012-6-24-2012-a.html#post1055310

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I would be down but CompClutch is still back ordered till the end of may now. ='(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will be there both day, but I'm not too sure which days I'm doing what. My car may be competing in Super Street FR battle on Sat. And on Sunday I want to track, but I also want to drift. So I gotta see what I can do. Oh and my car is on stock R-Spec Suspension, so you don't need to have a track car to track. I've seen people bring out an automatic accord sedan, c250, Mitsubishi Lancer, etc. And there are also those people who bring out GTR, Corvette, Viper, GT2, GT3, or full race cars. I will tell you that most of the people are Honda people, but they are all very nice. At the end of the day they have a Club 205/B+, Type R, and Roadster Challenge, where you race pole position. There are 5 levels and groups 1-3 are point pass and 4-5 is open passing. If we actually had a lot of Genesis going I'm sure I could talk them into doing a Genesis Challenge also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be down but CompClutch is still back ordered till the end of may now. ='(
George hurry up and get your clutch =( I want to see you at GMR and the track.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
George hurry up and get your clutch =( I want to see you at GMR and the track.
Lol dont tell me to.hurry up. Tell that to Comp. Clutch. They underproduction their flywheels. Ive been dying to do a midnight GMR run for months now!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I will be there both day, but I'm not too sure which days I'm doing what. My car may be competing in Super Street FR battle on Sat. And on Sunday I want to track, but I also want to drift. So I gotta see what I can do. Oh and my car is on stock R-Spec Suspension, so you don't need to have a track car to track. I've seen people bring out an automatic accord sedan, c250, Mitsubishi Lancer, etc. And there are also those people who bring out GTR, Corvette, Viper, GT2, GT3, or full race cars. I will tell you that most of the people are Honda people, but they are all very nice. At the end of the day they have a Club 205/B+, Type R, and Roadster Challenge, where you race pole position. There are 5 levels and groups 1-3 are point pass and 4-5 is open passing. If we actually had a lot of Genesis going I'm sure I could talk them into doing a Genesis Challenge also.
Well let me know which event you are doing for saturday. I will probably join. Track days are no fun by yourself.

I also go with my stock tires/suspension, it gets the job done :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Automatic accord sedan? Did Melen go with you guys? lol

Maybe there is hope for my ride...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump, I updated the other thread with more info. Also El_Stig I hear your getting your clutch so I hope to see u there and also to see you at GMR. I go to GMR about 2, 3 times a week so hit me up.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
bump, I updated the other thread with more info. Also El_Stig I hear your getting your clutch so I hope to see u there and also to see you at GMR. I go to GMR about 2, 3 times a week so hit me up.
Lol word travels fast. Still gottah get it installed, buy a new battery, retune it, and really need to get it registered. Its on a non-op for the tags. So give me a little more time. Gottah break it in and gas is expensive from the last time I filled her up.back in 2011. Gonna have to do a transmission oil change, LSD oil change, engine oil change. I gottah keep her in top notch state. Shes 86k miles old. Lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope so, last time my friend took me for a lap in my car

BTW El_Stig did the headlights XP

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
you can drift on track days? i thought thats highly shunned upon....
ive never tracked my car, and im very down to go, at least with another gencoupe!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you can drift on track days? i thought thats highly shunned upon....
ive never tracked my car, and im very down to go, at least with another gencoupe!!
You can't drift on the track, but there will be a separate drift event on the skidpad at Streets of Willow. Registering for Sunday you can switch between Big Willow and Streets of Willow. The drift event is being run by "Drifting Pretty" and is going to be done on the skidpad next to streets of willow. I think the drift event is like $50 or something. This time around I will be tracking and not drifting as they are at the same time.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
You can't drift on the track, but there will be a separate drift event on the skidpad at Streets of Willow. Registering for Sunday you can switch between Big Willow and Streets of Willow. The drift event is being run by "Drifting Pretty" and is going to be done on the skidpad next to streets of willow. I think the drift event is like $50 or something. This time around I will be tracking and not drifting as they are at the same time.
Drifting Pretty! GIRL DRIFTER EVENT! OMG, I remember back in the day when Varena Mai was around drifting her old S13 240sx then moved to the 350Z.... damn.... i miss being 16. lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drifting Pretty! GIRL DRIFTER EVENT! OMG, I remember back in the day when Varena Mai was around drifting her old S13 240sx then moved to the 350Z.... damn.... i miss being 16. lol
Does that mean I will see you there drifting? o_O

1 - 20 of 20 Posts