Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently added an nrg hub and quick release steering wheel set up and when I reconnected my battery my traction control is off and it has stayed off since. I dont know if there was a wire for that going to the steering wheel I missed or just a really poorly timed and confusing problem that's conpleatley unrelated. I tried looking through old TC threads but couldnt find to much. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,691 Posts
My Gen Coupe Track has a special clockspring that senses steering wheel angle. Cost quite a bit more than the normal clockspring. It's snapped onto the back of the clockspring. But there are two wires with plugs coming off of it vs one for the normal one.

·
Registered
Red 2011 3.8 R-spec M/T
3 Posts
I just had the same issue last night! After i changed the steering wheel on my 2011 3.8 R-spec M/T.

I had to go to work so i was trying to find a quick fix so i tapped the clock spring under the steering wheel and connected one of the wires to the clock spring and the traction light was gone . Not for long tho it comes back on while driving or when just accelerating a little bit while making turns! I had to keep turning the car off and back on for it to go away!

I’ve been looking to an answer for this problem but no one seems to have an answer not even my mechanic lol. Can someone please HELP! I like my new steering wheel a lot to change back to the pealing stock steering wheel which seems like the only solution so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, there's a special electrical connection in/under the steering wheel for traction control??

I wonder if that's why mine will not spin the tires when the steering wheel is straight or turned to the right but will smoke the tires when the steering wheel is turned to the left?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts