Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Traction control light flashes full throttle at highway speeds (sometimes doesn’t shift)

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Jessic_5 
I’m fairly new to this forum but I have transmission issue I believe but I am not sure. I have a 2013 Genesis coupe 3.8 8 speed automatic with 112k miles. I’ve noticed recently when I full throttle accelerate around freeway speeds. The traction light will flash and act like it’s spinning. The car is stock other than intake and exhaust so it doesn’t have the power to spin at high speeds but I noticed often it won’t shift into the next gear but the engine will rev up. I’ve only noticed this in regular “drive” mode and with traction control on, I have yet to test the issue with it off. Would anyone know what this may be, I get that it’s higher mileage and I have never had a trans fluid change since I’ve owned the car since 62k miles.

I’ve reason to believe it is the transmission slipping but I don’t understand why the traction light flashes. Could it be speed sensor? If anyone has any suggestions or similar experiences I’d greatly appreciate sharing.
I suspect improper tire rotation.

Compare tire sizes at each wheel.
See should have 2 different tire sizes.
The smaller ones go on the front wheels.

... The car is setup for staggered wheels from the factory.
Tires are NOT to be rotated, unless only left and right.