Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Traction control light flashes full throttle at highway speeds (sometimes doesn’t shift)

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Jessic_5 
Thanks for the reply, so they’re staggered properly as far as I’m concerned but I will note that they’re aftermarket wheels and tires, don’t remember if I said that but they are 245/40/19 on an 8.5 wheel up front. And 265/35/19 on a 9.5 wheel in the rear. I didn’t think that would have anything to do with it but if it does that’s interesting. One thing, the front tires are kinda shitty all seasons and the rears are Yokohama advan sports, much softer. I did this because I at the time I couldn’t get the same tires all around and replaced the rears way earlier than the fronts. I will note the car probably needs an alignment pretty bad too.
So stock was 225/40/19 (2080mm)and 245/40/19 (2131mm). So + 2.3% increase in circumference.
Now you have 245/40/19 (2131mm) and 265/35/19 (2098mm). So -1.5% difference.

You have increased the front wheel circumference and decreased the rear. Your rear wheel needs to rotate more than your fronts now to travel the same distance which means a different calculated speed. Now the calculations think you are spinning because the percentage is no longer in spec. The reason you see it at Highway speeds is the wheel speed difference measures higher the faster you go. Typically 80mph is the point when speed readings can be off by 1mph. At lower speeds they aren't as drastically different.