Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Traction control light flashes full throttle at highway speeds (sometimes doesn’t shift)

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Jessic_5 
Unless I'm wrong the flashing light means the traction control system is working to keep the back tires from spinning.

Is the road bumpy? Like the concrete interstates/roads with the seams every few feet? If so it may actually be trying to spin the tires and traction control is keeping it from dong that and causing you to lose control of the car. My 2011 3.8 Track will flash the traction control light at 75 or 80 mph in 3rd gear on a concrete section of highway. Blink, blink, blink till I let off of the gas and shift to 6th gear. It's got enough torque at that rpm to "want" to break the back tires loose.

Forgot to mention mine's a 6 speed manual, 2011. So older, less torque/hp and it can't upshift till I do it.

Never said it was spinning the tires. I said the blinking light is telling you the system is working to keep you from spinning the tires.

Skidding car light on? Slip, Stability Control and Fault Indicators. | DashboardSymbols.com

Stability Control and Stability Control Off Indicators -- Skidding Car | DashboardSymbols.com

Which one is blinking? The one that says "off" or the other one? The one with the test "OFF" tells you the system has been turned off or there's some kind of malfunction.

The other one tells you the system is working to keep you/the car from spinning the tires.

It may not be the issue. I've seen it blink on my car but mine has a manual transmission so the computer can't shift gears on mine.

I see what you mean, I tested this all again on Friday and it didn’t have an issue, but yesterday it did the same thing, traction control light flashed upon full acceleration on the highway and wouldn’t let the car upshift. It’s the light that comes up when you do a burnout or spin, the normal traction control light. It just blinks like normal but like you said it’s working to keep me from spinning the tires which still frankly makes no sense at 80+mph. I have not turned the system off either, but clearly it doesn’t do this every time it’s hit or miss which is even more odd.
The first time I saw mine blinking I was in 3rd gear at 80 mph accelerating (in the right lane) passing a jerk in the left lane. I was about to go to 4th gear and caught a glimpse the traction control system light was blinking. I'd never seen it before but realized it was blinking each time the tires crossed those joint sections in the pavement.