Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
hitch possible on the coupe?

does anyone know if theres a hitch out for the genny, trading truck in towards a gen in a week or 2, but then i wont have any way to get ski out to the water

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
awesome thanks for the info, think it will be ok then the ski is 780lbs ish and trailer prolly another 200 i would guess, i planned on the 2.0t auto, but dont wanna mess it up if it is too heavy

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
being too heavy would depend on your ball weight, because the GC can only have like 400lbs on the rear axel.
Also.. the owners manual states that you shouldn't pull a trailer with this car.

·
Breast Examiner
1,784 Posts
Ix - na

does anyone know if theres a hitch out for the genny, trading truck in towards a gen in a week or 2, but then i wont have any way to get ski out to the water

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Don't do it man > that will look dorky! You would have all kinds of problems trying to back a ski trailer down a wet ramp with the Coupe even if it could handle the load.
I traded in an Avalanche and now when I need it I either rent a truck or find a friend.
I would never put a hitch on a sports car!!!:eek::squint::broken::shock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh i was never planning on launching it with the car, i just wanted to tow it when i moved to texas and it was gonna go off when i got there lol, i can borrow friends truck to launch it

just was cheaper to spend 180ish on the hitch than 800+ on shipping it

·
Registered
341 Posts
its a lot of stress on the transmission... even more if your going with the auto... im pretty sure the genesis has an overdrive build into the 5AT and there is no shut off button which screams no towing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah thanks to you guys i dont even plan on trying ill just pay to have it shipped, better than having problems down the line or in the middle of the 1200mile drive lol

thanks agian guys, appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't do it man > that will look dorky! You would have all kinds of problems trying to back a ski trailer down a wet ramp with the Coupe even if it could handle the load.
I traded in an Avalanche and now when I need it I either rent a truck or find a friend.
I would never put a hitch on a sports car!!!:eek::squint::broken::shock:

You must not see the Porsche 911s, S2000s, or Miatas going to track events pulling a small light weight 2 wheeled trailer with track wheels/tires and small tool box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If any component on the car is damaged as a result of abuse, the manufacturer can decline warranty repair coverage. A few examples could be aftermarket chipping the ECM, other performance parts, towing something deemed heavy, dumping the clutch and scattering the disc friction material, ect...

·
Noob
887 Posts
how does someone void a warranty? Im confused :dunno:

(LOL U CANT VOID A WARRANTY, COME ON!!!)
God, I'm so sick and tired of idiots on this forum arguing over semantics regarding the warranty. Especially the super stupid ones who just pick up bits and pieces of information on the web and act like they know something about it when they are so far from reality and it's probably their first ****ing car and have never dealt with a dealership or warranty and will most likely sit there and weep when they get denied by the service manager.

Voided, denied, it doesn't matter in the practical sense. When you go to the dealership and they flat out blame your mod and deny you coverage, are you going to sit there and argue "so are you voiding my warranty or denying me warranty coverage? I'm protected by the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act!"

Get the **** real.

Coincidentally, I'm watching the Family Guy episode with Peter's "You know what grinds my gears?"

You grind my gears.

·
Noob
887 Posts
If my friend can tow in his C5 Z06, I'm sure the Genesis Coupe can handle light towing just fine. But as mentioned, if the dealership sees a tow hitch, they might raise a stink about it depending on the dealership.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts