Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car, and noticed the t/c off light stayed on, also the trans select light (P,R,N,D)was not on. When I out it in drive, there was a clunk, and it felt like the car was in 3rd gear while driving it. I tried putting it in sport mode and shifting manualy, and nothing changed. So I tunrned off the car and restarted it, like rebooting a computer, everything was fine after that.
Anyone else have this kind of problem, and what is the solution, took it to the dealer they don't know what is wrong.:dunno:
hope someone can help.

· Registered
482 Posts
ECU lost communications with TCM

Yea, a lot of people (including me) have seen it. Look at my diagnostic screen shot below - this is what is wrong, but I'm not sure anyone really knows why it's happening yet. There's lots of threads on this topic.

Maybe I should hunt through myself and see if anyone ever figured anything out...

· Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Lost communication issues are 9/10 times an electrical issue or module failure.
The high speed LAN circuit is what "talks" between modules, and will give no comm codes if a module does not relay communication.
Either that, or a switched/constant voltage wire has a short to ground, short to voltage, or another open circuit.

· If u don't kno, now u kno
1,604 Posts
they have a TSB out for this...please use search...many people have already posted about this...

· Board Whore
644 Posts
HOLD ON. theres an app for codes on our cars :X? WTB

· Old Man Racer
1,216 Posts
Just reboot your car. It will go away the next time you start the car.
Genesis Coupe brought to you by Microsoft Windows?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello not sure if anyone will see this but i purchased my 2013 automatic Genesis Coupe 2.0 two years ago now and 6 months ago i started having this weird issue where the PRND dissappears when shifted into Park and Locks and also the light on the shifter goes out i had to manually take it out of park and it would not go above 2 RPM was stuck it something called Limp Mode? I took it to several places everyone said sounded like i need a new transmission now i pretty much had everytbing you can think of replaced or brand new done to this vehicle over $10k of work into this and i got it for 13k.

Anyways i downloaded a diagram of my entire fuses and what they do and i discovered the main source of the issue on the instrument panel fuse box on the inside of the driver side there is a plug with two fuses labeld B UP/LP , Back up lamp, TCM and Transaxle Range Switch i discovered the plug itself is loose or the wire to the plug is loose a temporary fix if i just move it or push it in and everything goes back to normal.

I am waiting on a mechanic to furthur inspect the plug to see if it can be fixed or replaced seems silly but i wonder how many have had this issue with their genesis or even other vehicles with similar fuse plugs and mechanic shops made them replace the whole transmission??

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gas Vehicle door Auto part

1 - 15 of 15 Posts