Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if the transmission fluid debate is still happening to this year let me know recommendations please. I have 5th gear grind and am hoping to fix it. I only have the grind when I don’t double clutch. So I am leaning towards the syncros but lord knows. Think some royal purple trans fluid would help?

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
78 Posts
oooh man hopefully it’s not. Never personally had a synchro issue so I can’t weight in.

but I switched to redline MT85 75w85, installed the garageline short shifter with torque solutions shift bushings all at once and it was night and day.
(I mean I’d hope it is with all those changes lol)
It really cleaned up 2nd gear lockout for me and any nastiness in the other gears.

You should check out the coolerworx shifter assembly swap. I know 380performance (formally known as 3p8performance) has them. Everyone that’s done it says it fixed their complaints with the stock shifting experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooh man hopefully it’s not. Never personally had a synchro issue so I can’t weight in.

but I switched to redline MT85 75w85, installed the garageline short shifter with torque solutions shift bushings all at once and it was night and day.
(I mean I’d hope it is with all those changes lol)
It really cleaned up 2nd gear lockout for me and any nastiness in the other gears.

You should check out the coolerworx shifter assembly swap. I know 380performance (formally known as 3p8performance) has them. Everyone that’s done it says it fixed their complaints with the stock shifting experience.
I decided to go with the redline mt90 since i do treat this car pretty rough and i live in a hot state. Just picked up 75w90 for the diff as well I've been having issues with that going to be changing all fluids

1 - 3 of 3 Posts