Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've had my 2014 2.0T for almost 2 years now, and of late the shifting has become a little more sticky in 2nd gear particularly, as well as more notchy upshifting into 2nd and 3rd gears. Hopefully I'll see improvement on this by swapping the fluids to the Redline oils.

Seems like the only piece of information still missing in this guide are the torque values to be used:

Manual Transmission (per the shop manual):
Drain Plug - 43.4 - 57.8 lb-ft
Filler Plug - 43.4 - 57.8 lb-ft

Differential:
Drain Plug - ??
Filler Plug - ??

I would assume that the torques for the differential drain and filler plugs would be the same so long as the bolt sizes are the same. I checked the shop manual for the 2.0T (2014) for even just changing the differential fluid, and this information seems to be completely missing.

According to the service manual, it is the following:

Differential:
Drain Plug - 36.1 to 50.6 lb-ft
Filler Plug - 36.1 to 50.6 lb-ft

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick Question.

For those of us with R-Spec/Track models with factory LSD: is Redline 75w90 still the recommended oil? Is it fine right out of bottle or need any other additives put in?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quick Question.

For those of us with R-Spec/Track models with factory LSD: is Redline 75w90 still the recommended oil? Is it fine right out of bottle or need any other additives put in?
That is what I used on mine, it worked great. not a lick of trouble with it. Ran it on that fluid for 60,000 miles with zero issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Always best to remove the fill plug before draining, as not to cause a vacuum and actually get it stuck inside the case and have to be drilled. Happened once to me when I was working at Valvoline and never again will I crack a drain plug without being 100% sure there isn't a fill plug somewhere

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts