Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to change my transmission fluid to redline, but my question is does anyone have a DIY? I was just gonna drain from the bottom plug and fill. But can I fill from the dipstick opening or do I have to do it from the fill plug. Thanks

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
There is no DYI to change but i did it myself 3 weeks ago. So atleast i can help here:
- 24mm Socket is required for the Drain Plug Bolt
- There is no Dipstick Opening so u cant fill it from there, just get a pipe (from AutoZone) that made for this task, screw it on top of the bottle, and squeeze the Fuild in
- Get 4 jacks stand and find a level surface to do it.
- Took me a good 2 hours.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
There is no DYI to change but i did it myself 3 weeks ago. So atleast i can help here:
- 24mm Socket is required for the Drain Plug Bolt
- There is no Dipstick Opening so u cant fill it from there, just get a pipe (from AutoZone) that made for this task, screw it on top of the bottle, and squeeze the Fuild in
- Get 4 jacks stand and find a level surface to do it.
- Took me a good 2 hours.
There is a plug on the side of the transmission (passenger side) meant to be used to refill the trans with oil.

First time i did this, it took around 30 minutes. And thats cause the oil was so thick (redline heavyshock)

·
Registered
607 Posts
u can buy a hand pump to pump the fluid into the fill port. just jack up the front right side of the vehicle, should be enough clearance

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,574 Posts
I used the hand pump and it was PITA. I would fill it from the top using 3/8" hose and a funnel. Heat the oil up first to 100-125F.

Fill with the correct amount and it is a lot easier than checking until it spills out. 2.3L for the 2L tranny.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the black bolt the drain and silver the fill?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the quick responses, changing it was easier than I thought.

·
JDM2KDM
313 Posts
There is a plug on the side of the transmission (passenger side) meant to be used to refill the trans with oil.

First time i did this, it took around 30 minutes. And thats cause the oil was so thick (redline heavyshock)
how many quarts of heavyshock?

·
Registered
35 Posts
How many quarts do you need to fill the tranny? Noob question... sorry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts