Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my 2014 M/T Genesis was on the lift I gave it quick inspection and noticed there was an opening into the transmission housing. I have been all over the internet and the Hyundai dealership trying to figure out if this is supposed to be open to the air. Would anyone know if this is supposed to be covered or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to necro this thread but I am revisiting this as I am looking into replacing my clutch soon. Seeing as nobody knew anything about this previously I was wondering if there is anyone willing to take a picture of their housing next time they get a chance so I can at least have a reference, even at a second attempt a locating information on this I am unable to turn up anything, pictures of this area just searching around the internet in general.

·
Premium Member
15,550 Posts
Sorry to necro this thread but I am revisiting this as I am looking into replacing my clutch soon. Seeing as nobody knew anything about this previously I was wondering if there is anyone willing to take a picture of their housing next time they get a chance so I can at least have a reference, even at a second attempt a locating information on this I am unable to turn up anything, pictures of this area just searching around the internet in general.
I have one from my spare engine, I have to dig it out though. I'll let you know when I can

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why I didn't specify I had a 3.8L before, probably would've good info to include. The part name was enough for me to find something, Part No. 21514-3C101 COVER-BELL HOUSING looks like a possible match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts