Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2011 3.8. The transmission is jerking harder than it should be and squeaking going into 3rd and 4th gear. I’m assuming it’s a problem with low transmission fluid so I want to check the fluid level or have someone check it for me. Who should I take it to? Can I check it myself? What’s the best way to go about this issue? Ps. I have a power train warranty that will take care of any repairs or new parts concerning the transmission. I just want to fix this ASAP so I can get back to driving, also please excuse my ignorance

·
Advenio Pariter
3,939 Posts
You might be bumping-up on the 10 year warranty, but use it if you have it. The fluid is very expensive from what I understand. There is no dipstick so it is not a simple task. If you are still under the 10/100 warranty as the original owner you should take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be bumping-up on the 10 year warranty, but use it if you have it. The fluid is very expensive from what I understand. There is no dipstick so it is not a simple task. If you are still under the 10/100 warranty as the original owner you should take it to the dealer.
Do you think I should just go ahead and get the fluid replaced?

·
Registered
88 Posts
If not under warranty, I would drain fluid, change filter/pan, refill with OEM fluid and see if it eliminates issues.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,939 Posts
The 5AT is pretty easy to do a drain, fill and level. I have done it three times. I am sure there are threads on the ZF 6AT. Be sure to use the correct spec fluid. The 5AT does not have an internal filter, just a screen way at the top of the transmission. I added a Magnafine filter in line to my cooler. Do a search and I think you will find what you need. Again, I caution to use the proper fluid. Nothing wrecks and automatic quicker than the wrong fluid. I actually buy from the dealer to make sure it is right...but that is me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts