Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aliexpress has a 6-drive V2 for $116 and looks to be an older 6-drive model for $72. Does anyone know the differences between them? I'm ready to pull the plug but want to make sure I get the right one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Aliexpress has a 6-drive V2 for $116 and looks to be an older 6-drive model for $72. Does anyone know the differences between them? I'm ready to pull the plug but want to make sure I get the right one.
Yeah I saw the weird looking 70usd one when I was searching for mine, decided to skip it and got the 120usd one. I just wanted to be safe (also since there was a bad review on the $70 one)

I’d say better get the 116 one since that what most of us have, and we know it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ended up buying one from 3point8 for $130 shipped instead of Aliexpress. Seems fair for the quicker shipping and return policy in case I didn't like it.

I didn't realize just how delayed and sluggish the throttle was until now. I recall many times trying to take off right after a quick stop at a light, and the damn thing sits there for like 3 seconds before it finally revs up. I was constantly having to rev the engine first, then slip the clutch instead of it being one fluid motion of throttle and clutch.

I've only tried it on HH5 setting so far, but that has eliminated all those issues already. I must admit I did have some doubt, but this thing really does make it drive like different car.

·
docmarc1
63 Posts
Yeah, that was my reaction also. I was very skeptical but for the low price and easy install I figured it was worth the probable disappointment. Consequently, I was very pleasantly surprised. FYI on another note, I recently purchased a new front end off of ImportShark.com. I have used them previously for other parts. They have seriously declined regarding service. They no longer have
any customer service phone number, just the email and the guy that handles customer inquiry is unresponsive and rude. I would avoid them in the future. Shipping times are really bad.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love my sprint booster. Have it set on " Race 8". Makes a HUGE difference in throttle response. The Sprint and Tros has to be one of the best mods for the coupe period.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ahhhahahaha. I just put in the Tros and what a fn scream. I watched a couple videos, good ones from KEVLARR82TV. I have the BK2 3.8 ATX. It looks like I'll prolly settle in the HA 5-9 setting. I'll give it 2 thumbs up.

ominousone

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone know if these throttle controllers come with some sort of fail safe mode to prevent from malfunctioning or accidentally getting stuck at WOT?

Also, I’ve been trying to decide between the Tros and Sprint v3 for a while now. Besides some of the additional features that come with the Sprint, I’m not sure I’m willing to pay twice as much for it over the Tros. Never heard a bad review about either, so I’m sure you can’t go wrong with whichever one you get.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Does anyone know if these throttle controllers come with some sort of fail safe mode to prevent from malfunctioning or accidentally getting stuck at WOT?

Also, I’ve been trying to decide between the Tros and Sprint v3 for a while now. Besides some of the additional features that come with the Sprint, I’m not sure I’m willing to pay twice as much for it over the Tros. Never heard a bad review about either, so I’m sure you can’t go wrong with whichever one you get.
Theres several YouTube videos put out by Sprint but i dont recall this topic ever coming up. FWIW I've had my Sprint V3 for several years, it works great and has never caused any problems. That said ive heard nothing but good reviews about the Tros booster. Ive had throttles stick open a few times on older carbureted cars and just stomp the clutch or put it in neutral.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I installed my Tros Potent Booster 6-Drive yesterday. Fun little thing that after playing with a little, have decided to leave it at a fairly mild setting of HA6 since my wife doesn't even know about it yet. ;-)

I tucked the cables and the display behind the plastic that is just behind the dash, it is perfect for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did a trip into the foothills this past weekend and left the setting at HA6. One thing I noticed is that you barely touch the pedal and you are accelerating. It is a much lighter touch than without the Potent Booster. Still easy to control, but there isn't much difference between foot off the pedal to mildly accelerating.

I had several times where I was lifting off and touching and then lifting off and touching as the traffic in front of me wasn't allowing me to be on the throttle the whole time.

I still think it's a good addition though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
SV, indeed the throttle is waaay more responsive. I have settled on the HA5 for now. The (3.8 auto) tranny downshifts much quicker as you might expect. I still think the auto tranny could be more "intuitive", but I just go to paddles for much of my driving. This is a great $130.00 mod, for certain.

ominousone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did a trip into the foothills this past weekend and left the setting at HA6. One thing I noticed is that you barely touch the pedal and you are accelerating. It is a much lighter touch than without the Potent Booster. Still easy to control, but there isn't much difference between foot off the pedal to mildly accelerating.

I had several times where I was lifting off and touching and then lifting off and touching as the traffic in front of me wasn't allowing me to be on the throttle the whole time.

I still think it's a good addition though.

I agree there. There isn't much difference when the peddle is use lightly so it doesn't get rid of that gap in the peddle like a 1:1 tune does. Its great if you want to change the sensitivity of your gas peddle but you need a 1:1 tune to get rid of that gap or delay.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree there. There isn't much difference when the peddle is use lightly so it doesn't get rid of that gap in the peddle like a 1:1 tune does. Its great if you want to change the sensitivity of your gas peddle but you need a 1:1 tune to get rid of that gap or delay.
New to the Gen Coupe crowd (Got mine in late May), but what does a tune entail?
Custom, you need to find a tuner, but if you want a canned tune, what do you do? The slight hesitation past the initial response is still there and would be nice to just get a smooth response.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Throttle controller review

Just wanted to update everyone about my thoughts on the Sprint Booster v3. I’ve had it installed on my car for about 3 weeks now and I’ve settled on Race 7 for daily driving. One thing I did want to mention is that you don’t really start to notice a difference until past quarter throttle. When lightly accelerating for example, it feels almost no different than stock, so you don’t have to worry about barely tapping the gas and accidentally rear ending the car in front of you. In its higher settings, you do reach WOT with much less throttle input than before, which makes it feel as though your car is faster.

In manual mode, starting from first gear can be a little sketchy if you have this thing turned up, so I’d suggest gradually increasing the setting until you find one that you feel comfortable with. As long as you’re careful with your throttle inputs, it’s still very controllable and you should adjust to it fairly quickly.

For A/T owners, note that this mod is intended to reduce throttle lag. When left in drive or sport, there is still the initial delay of the transmission dropping to the lowest gear before it takes off. This is more noticeable when doing harder pulls and can be minimized by using the paddle shifters. Overall, I see this product being the most useful for highway driving as you can get up to speed more effortlessly than before and I would recommend this product to anyone looking to get instant access to the power their Gen Coupe has to offer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It makes your car feel faster...because it is. Several have proven this on youtube. I did my own testing back to back and in the same distance I can get more mph with it on. I find that on the higher race setting the throttle response is instant right off idle. Mine is a standard and taking off in 1st took awhile to adjust to because pedal feel/response is superior to stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ahhhahahaha. I just put in the Tros and what a fn scream. I watched a couple videos, good ones from KEVLARR82TV. I have the BK2 3.8 ATX. It looks like I'll prolly settle in the HA 5-9 setting. I'll give it 2 thumbs up.

ominousone
Turns his video off after I seen a million commercials he added in plus the video is 26 minutes long. Something I learned from watching a few of his other vids, he talks over and over about the same thing for 20 minutes then actually shows what the video is about for the last six.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts