Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
took about 2 weeks to get mine.
the thing that takes getting used to is the release more than the boost.
the throttle turns off as quickly as it turns on.
While in gear you mean?

Do you have an auto or a manual?

·
Registered
178 Posts
manual.
don't think it matters whether it's in gear.
Do you still get rev hang anymore?

I shouldn't with my canned tune, but every once and I while I do. Usually after turning off the car, running inside somewhere really quick (sub 10 minutes), then turning the car back on and driving off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im not tuned but my sprint has been on for awhile and nothings fried yet.
Do you know how long you have had it on your car? Good to know and im glad you havent had any problems.

I heard through a reliable source that knows these cars very well and he told me this mod will fry throttle bodies and should not be used with a tune. Now he didnt mention if you can or can not use it on a stock car. Do you know if this is true or have you heard of this happening? Keep in mind I showed him the "Sprint Booster" when I asked him which is the same thing as the Tos.
What did he mean by "fried"? Excessive mechanical wear of the throttle blade itself, or the electronic components of the throttle body itself?
It's only amplifying the signal by about ~1.3 depending on the setting. This was a good read on the Sprint Booster from a while back (link to write-up) which shows the voltage isn't increasing any more than stock levels (4.4-5V @WOT for gens too). It's just reaching higher voltages with less pedal input, hence the more aggressive throttle feel.

I don't see how that could fry anything.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't tell you specifically what goes bad in the Tb itself cause he didnt get into details. Im going to ask him again exactly why he doesn't recommend using it and ill get back.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I heard through a reliable source that knows these cars very well and he told me this mod will fry throttle bodies and should not be used with a tune. Now he didnt mention if you can or can not use it on a stock car. Do you know if this is true or have you heard of this happening? Keep in mind I showed him the "Sprint Booster" when I asked him which is the same thing as the Tos.
You keep listening to your ''reliable source that knows these car very well'' and you will not get far .I run my V3 with a tune,water/meth and Nitrous and have ZERO problems.10-4>
Shorttrack stop being a smartass!
Im jk brotha thks for your input I appreciate it, but my source is very well known on this forum and im not going to say names or start a controversy here. I saw this thread and figured I would ask to see if any one has had or hasnt had any problems while using this product.

Btw "off topic" I envy you running the spray on yr coupe and I would love to do it as well, but some peps say it cant or shouldn't be done on these cars cause the weak bottom end and some other reasons. Great info you provide on your write up on general nitrous info and setup. I should fly you out to Miami Beach, Fl so you can do a custom install on my 2.0T

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine arrived today. Trying to figure out the install. How to get the gas pedal off etc

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine arrived today. Trying to figure out the install. How to get the gas pedal off etc
I believe you take out the one screw at the bottom (has a little plastic lid) and slide the whole pedal up and off.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I believe you take out the one screw at the bottom (has a little plastic lid) and slide the whole pedal up and off.
Yes a 10mm hex head. The hardest part is getting the connector off the switch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I found the plug and took the 10mm bolt out and just slidthe pedal up and off. Clip came off easy too. Took more time running gthe wire out of the way than anything else!

So for auto owners what setting are you running? I have it on FA6 since thats what it came set to. Already loving it.

I have an SFR canned tune too. Compliments it well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah I found the plug and took the 10mm bolt out and just slidthe pedal up and off. Clip came off easy too. Took more time running gthe wire out of the way than anything else!

So for auto owners what setting are you running? I have it on FA6 since thats what it came set to. Already loving it.

I have an SFR canned tune too. Compliments it well.
I have the canned too from them as well, that's good to know it works fine, and is noticeable. I just need the car to "wake up" without mashing the pedal 24/7.

I really want it for rev matching mainly. It's a pain with the OEM settings.

·
shorttrack
1,641 Posts
Im jk brotha thks for your input I appreciate it, but my source is very well known on this forum and im not going to say names or start a controversy here. I saw this thread and figured I would ask to see if any one has had or hasnt had any problems while using this product.

Btw "off topic" I envy you running the spray on yr coupe and I would love to do it as well, but some peps say it cant or shouldn't be done on these cars cause the weak bottom end and some other reasons. Great info you provide on your write up on general nitrous info and setup. I should fly you out to Miami Beach, Fl so you can do a custom install on my 2.0T
No hard feelings on my side, I have very,very thick skin.I do not know the strength of the BK1 2.0 turbo,3.8 V6 or the BK2 2.0 turbo that you have.The BK2 3.8 , I've been in & out of this platform and will speak from my knowledge on what has worked or not worked on my 2014 r-spec 3.8 in order to help those that want to '' run fast''as that is what I'm about.The BK2 3.8 can take some abuse.Poor Hyundai QC is a major set back as is the tight ring clearance ,mounts and other support Items that can be changed or modified .

·
Registered
198 Posts

No hard feelings on my side, I have very,very thick skin.I do not know the strength of the BK1 2.0 turbo,3.8 V6 or the BK2 2.0 turbo that you have.The BK2 3.8 , I've been in & out of this platform and will speak from my knowledge on what has worked or not worked on my 2014 r-spec 3.8 in order to help those that want to '' run fast''as that is what I'm about.The BK2 3.8 can take some abuse.Poor Hyundai QC is a major set back as is the tight ring clearance ,mounts and other support Items that can be changed or modified .
Shorttrac good to know you can take a joke. I shouldn't have said that cause I dont know you personally, so I do apologize sir. I have a Bk1 love this little car just wish it didnt have the DBW system from factory with rev hang. This car would of been awesome with the old school throttle cable from factory.

·
Bill
586 Posts
... This car would of been awesome with the old school throttle cable from factory.
some things demonstrate "if it aint broke". electric power steering comes to mind.
and wth is wrong with having paper towels and faucet knobs in mens rooms?
i digress...

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
If it were going to do any harm to the TB, then it would do harm with or without the tune so that statement makes no sense. SB has been around for a long, long time on many DBW platforms. I'm not going to say it won't or can't harm your TB, but plenty of anecdotal evidence to support the opposite of what your "expert" says.

But, let's say it does. I can get you a TB core cheap.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mine came in today, so what, little over a week from purchase date to received? Came from China too, I know domestic vendors that cant match that lol.

I love the form factor, this thing is tiny! I was expecting something the size of like an older smartphone like an iphone3 or something. But its the size of a small cracker.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Mine came in today, so what, little over a week from purchase date to received? Came from China too, I know domestic vendors that cant match that lol.

I love the form factor, this thing is tiny! I was expecting something the size of like an older smartphone like an iphone3 or something. But its the size of a small cracker.
I have mine laying on the dash in front of the ODO. Can't even see it when driving. Above the gas pedal and on the firewall is a wire loom that's secured there. I snaked it behind that to keep the cord out of the way.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Let us know how you like it after the install! And if you install it in a neat place or not.

41 - 60 of 201 Posts