Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ? Is I was looking at the true cold air intakes but I found the one from 3.8 performance and another one from AEM but here’s the thing the one from aem says it only fits up to a 2012 but it has the washer relocation tank which I would like. Do you think it would still fit the same? Or should I just get the one from 3.8 performance? And if so where would I find a replacement resovoir and where would you mount it? Or where did you guys mount it?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Bk1 intake will not fit on bk2 without modifications.
You can buy generic water bottle off Ebay if you go with bk2 intake . Made mynintake before 3.8performance existed, drove 3 years without a bottle and recently threw in a baggy lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snyper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s pretty sweet!! The bag connects right to the rest of the lines for your existing washer lines?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That’s pretty sweet!! The bag connects right to the rest of the lines for your existing washer lines?
I'd did make custom bracket - stainless bracket that mounts to OEM washer location and than have a bracket that come with washer on top of it.
But I suppose it could be mounted without my custom.spacer bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s pretty nifty! I just found a little bottle/tank from chase boys I might do that unless I find something better it’s about the size of a soda can

·
shorttrack
1,660 Posts
using a small 1 quart tank with a custom mount .drilled and fitted OEM washer fluid tank pump and grommet . Looks oem .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bk1 intake will not fit on bk2 without modifications.
You can buy generic water bottle off Ebay if you go with bk2 intake . Made mynintake before 3.8performance existed, drove 3 years without a bottle and recently threw in a baggy lol

Was looking to buy this and found one on amazon that looks like it. Can you confirm if this is the same one you got Docooler DC 12V Car Windshield Washer Pump Bag Kit Cleaning Tool With Jet Button Switch for Classic Cars?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Was looking to buy this and found one on amazon that looks like it. Can you confirm if this is the same one you got Docooler DC 12V Car Windshield Washer Pump Bag Kit Cleaning Tool With Jet Button Switch for Classic Cars?
Yes. Same one.

Reactions: talor43

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. Same one.

Holy cow was not expecting such a quick response on an old thread, appreciate it man thanks. Was looking to get the CAI whenever they're back in stock but living in fl not having washer fluid would kill me with pollen/bugs 24/7

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If you have not noticed this post is about true cold air intake.

What AEM sells is garbage SRI with halfass shield.
These SRI intakes contribute to loss of power compared to OEM due to much higher temperatures and lower air velocity.

Only CAI for BK2 v6 on the market is sold by 3point8performance, the rest is SRI.
It needs to be routes out of engine bay in order to be classified as CAI.

Reactions: shorttrack

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have not noticed this post is about true cold air intake.

What AEM sells is garbage SRI with halfass shield.
These SRI intakes contribute to loss of power compared to OEM due to much higher temperatures and lower air velocity.

Only CAI for BK2 v6 on the market is sold by 3point8performance, the rest is SRI.
It needs to be routes out of engine bay in order to be classified as CAI.

Relax lol he asked about the aem specifically

·
shorttrack
1,660 Posts
Yep,all of these aftermarket "CAI" system suck hot air because they are not sealed from engine heat when the hood is closed . The advertised HP gains by these BS systems are had by dyno pulls with the hood up not closed .

·
shorttrack
1,660 Posts
Relax lol he asked about the aem specifically
AEM's CAI is garbage, is the information andbudzi was trying to get across . If wasting cash on a mod that does not work as advertised then by all means go ahead and purchase it .This is a big problem with the Gen Coupe crowd .andbudzi was trying to direct the member to a TRUE working CAI system for true gains/functions by 3point8 performance is all .

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are your guys opinions on buying a SRI then getting a few extra inches of piping and turning it into a CAÍ? Do you think it’s possible and easy enough to tackle? I’m rebuilding my genesis right now that I bought off copart and it has no intake at all, I was planning on buying a SRI then extending it into the bumper with some extra piping and cutting my passenger side fog light hole out for flow? Any thoughts?

·
shorttrack
1,660 Posts
That is what I did .Made my own .

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve personally done a custom CAI on my genesis and would recommend it to anyone. Many aftermarket intake systems are way overpriced and can be easily replicated, sometimes better.

The install takes about an hour or so to finish and requires deleting the washer fluid reservoir. If you want optimal gains you’ll need to use 3” diameter pipe. You’ll then wrap the entire system with heat shielding tape.

I went fully custom, critiqued it to my liking, learned things about my car and spent less than $100

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve personally done a custom CAI on my genesis and would recommend it to anyone. Many aftermarket intake systems are way overpriced and can be easily replicated, sometimes better.

The install takes about an hour or so to finish and requires deleting the washer fluid reservoir. If you want optimal gains you’ll need to use 3” diameter pipe. You’ll then wrap the entire system with heat shielding tape.

I went fully custom, critiqued it to my liking, learned things about my car and spent less than $100
Any way you can share what you used? Or post a picture? I’m trying to build my own and would love somewhere to start:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any way you can share what you used? Or post a picture? I’m trying to build my own and would love somewhere to start:)
i’ll continue to reply to you thru DM but here is a pic from earlier today, and as you can see my CAI system is working great. It was 81 degrees outside and I am pulling in just 5* degrees above ambient.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts