Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine looks similar, I instead used 4 inch tubing and bell velocity stack for a large K&N filter . I wrapped the assembly in foam/aluminum thermal wrap . The aluminum tubing still picked up a lot of under hood temperature if not wrapped .
I touched my intake after a 5 mile trip home outside temp was 87°f and the piping was hot, although the IAT (dash command) showed only 16° over ambient. I will do what you did and wrap it.

Reactions: shorttrack

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine came two days ago. Test fitted it but not installed yet. I'm doing it tonight when the humidity drops. I'll post up when finished. Installing catch can too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This would be good for 2.0 turbo . Small enough and it comes with extra apray nozzles.
You could make an intercooler sprayer with it . I fashioned up for my SRT-4 years ago

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is that you are reading it with?
it’s a Veepeak OBDll BLE 4.0 diagnostic scanner. you can purchase it off amazon for $30 + $10 for the phone app.

it’s extremely useful as it can give you live read outs from all available vehicle sensors and monitors. as a bonus it’ll also clear any codes that happen to come up lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
First ? Is I was looking at the true cold air intakes but I found the one from 3.8 performance and another one from AEM but here’s the thing the one from aem says it only fits up to a 2012 but it has the washer relocation tank which I would like. Do you think it would still fit the same? Or should I just get the one from 3.8 performance? And if so where would I find a replacement resovoir and where would you mount it? Or where did you guys mount it?
I just installed a K & N cold air intake and it looks great and I could feel the power increase. Google it on their website

·
shorttrack
1,660 Posts
Not sure .3point8 performance sells a true CAI for the 2013 and up .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Adapt any 2012 and older to a 2013 and newer. It's really easy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with Snyper. It was pretty easy and fun to get to know my car a little more. Big shout to Snyper for all of your help!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not sure .3point8 performance sells a true CAI for the 2013 and up .
They sure do. It's always out of stock and I got tired of waiting, so I adapted a bk1.

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts