Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone actually taken out the reservoir to make a custom intake would be interested in seeing some pics of some thinking of doing it and cutting out the piece under the fog light

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Yep,I've done it (to include opening up the right side fog light fake screen and making it functional ) and so have others.Do a search and will find pics .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to have any pics of it and also do you feel a difference in the car or is it not worth it
Yep,I've done it (to include opening up the right side fog light fake screen and making it functional ) and so have others.Do a search and will find pics .

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
My pic's were taken down by 3rd party host .It is a mod that is well worth it, I'm in Texas so with the crazy heat here it is paramount to do anything to bring thermals in check .Yes it works, I data logged and am glad I made a true CAI system. titan2782 and andbudzi still have pic's up .

·
Registered
784 Posts
Here is exactly what you want to do, just take away the turbo> The piping for your intake runs the same route to your TB.

Video was for IC explanation and intake routing.. In this vid the air filter element is not installed yet but you can see where it goes clearly. As long as you shield your intake piping with gold wrap etc you will have ambient intake temps at minimum.

Enjoy:
https://youtu.be/e-ULsnlqJf0

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is what my fog replacements look like. They are carbon fiber, made by Enthuspec and can be purchased from Genracer. Im am a boosted 3.8 but as mentioned, just need to fabricate custom aluminum tubing and be good with welding aluminum.

I added the screening to passenger side as that is where my trans cooler is located.

EDIT - it is not letting me post the pictures due to image size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i’m down in miami and it’s hot here all the time as well but also humid you took yours to a shop to do the piping
My pic's were taken down by 3rd party host .It is a mod that is well worth it, I'm in Texas so with the crazy heat here it is paramount to do anything to bring thermals in check .Yes it works, I data logged and am glad I made a true CAI system. titan2782 and andbudzi still have pic's up .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for the vid so much space is provided after you remove the reservoir
Here is exactly what you want to do, just take away the turbo> The piping for your intake runs the same route to your TB.

Video was for IC explanation and intake routing.. In this vid the air filter element is not installed yet but you can see where it goes clearly. As long as you shield your intake piping with gold wrap etc you will have ambient intake temps at minimum.

Enjoy:
https://youtu.be/e-ULsnlqJf0

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what screening did you use i’ve been looking for a good one but never find any i’ve literally been to every hardware store near me and can’t find anything good
This is what my fog replacements look like. They are carbon fiber, made by Enthuspec and can be purchased from Genracer. Im am a boosted 3.8 but as mentioned, just need to fabricate custom aluminum tubing and be good with welding aluminum.

I added the screening to passenger side as that is where my trans cooler is located.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
well i’m down in miami and it’s hot here all the time as well but also humid you took yours to a shop to do the piping
No, I do all of my on work.Been doing this $hit for over 30 plus years .If you seen my car ,I do my fabbing and work to the point that it would appears as if a pro race shop did it .

·
Registered
486 Posts
what screening did you use i’ve been looking for a good one but never find any i’ve literally been to every hardware store near me and can’t find anything good

I am in Palm Beach County. PM me your number and I will text you pictures.

·
Registered
486 Posts
No, I do all of my on work.Been doing this $hit for over 30 plus years .If you seen my car ,I do my fabbing and work to the point that it would appears as if a pro race shop did it .
I have seen his work and can attest he knows his $hit and what he is doing.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I am in Palm Beach County. PM me your number and I will text you pictures.
You can show him my pics as well .I can Take more pics if needed and you can put them up on the forum if you like .

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My car has foglights - 8" diameter intake filter fits snug, fully fills up space between foglight and fender liner. Filter is large because it fits over velocity stack.

Fresh air come from front grill opening, so filter does not get soaked with water (if I were to open up fog light area).

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Air path to intake.
OEM grill does not have opening this far to the side as afternarket ... if my memory serves me right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I cut the fake mesh out of the fog light assy and with the fog light assy bezel screws I screwed some gutter screening in place (from Home Depot) to make the CAI truly function at speeds.My CAI is similar to andbudzi but I'm using 4 inch O.D. aluminum piping from Spectre .also used 1... 40 degree rubber elbow ,1... 40 degree aluminum elbow and made a pivot bracket mounted to the fender well for support .Also I am using a 4 to 6 inch bell velocity stack to which my over sized K&N filter is attached to.My Data log showed on a hot 101 degree day moving at 45 mph air intake temps of 88 degrees .CAI with water being sprayed during spirited runs (2,500 through 6,650 rpm's) from my AEM water/ methanol system drops inlet manifold temps such that after a hard run I can open the hood and touch the upper intake manifold which is cool to the touch .I have 2 tanks for my water/meth system ,1 gallon for w/m during nitrous runs and 3 gallons for distilled water during NA runs .

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
You can get a sock for it. I left the gill slits alone on that side. Plenty of ambient air behind the bumper there as is. I did put in a plastic panel between the filter and the frame rail to block off the engine area.

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
I advise not running the CAI pictured in the rain.... hydrolocking the engine is a very bad thing :p
Even though my GC is not my daily driver ,I keep a small screw driver in the glove box so I can disconnect the inlet tube from the throttle body if I do by chance get caught in the rain .But yeah, you must be aware of road and pending weather conditions .

1 - 20 of 71 Posts