Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve changed the badge in the middle of the trunk from Hyundai-badge to the black wings instead.
How are the other - "Coupé" and "3.8" - emblems attached? Only glue?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used minute gasket. Great adhesion, but can be pulled cleanly off if necessary.
- Yes, but are the emblems attached by glue from stock? I want to remove them, but must know so there are no screws or other attatchmens to the trunk.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,572 Posts
On my 2010 the trunk H emblem had some quick push nut on the back. I had to glue it back on as I think the pins broke off.I need to take it off and paint it again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 2010 the trunk H emblem had some quick push nut on the back. I had to glue it back on as I think the pins broke off.I need to take it off and paint it again.
- I know about that emblem. Have already replaced that one with the wings.

But the other ones on the trunk, are they only held by glue?

·
NOOB
167 Posts
The 3.8 and "Coupe" emblems are secured via adhesive. Dental floss, goof off, alcohol, and a hair dryer will help you remove them. They are not glued. But the adhesive is quite resilient.

·
Premium Member
15,180 Posts
The oem decals are held on by 3M double sided foam tape.

wrap the ends of some string on something to be used as handles, get the string under the decals and start pulling.
It will either cut the foam, then you clean it up later; or pull the adhesive part away.
Ammonia will break down the adhesive, so you can use something like windex to clean it up or loosed some of the adhesive before pulling.

·
Registered
980 Posts
- Yes, but are the emblems attached by glue from stock? I want to remove them, but must know so there are no screws or other attatchmens to the trunk.
Mine had bolts/screws from the trunk. I removed them prior to my trunk getting painted Chameleon.Mines a 2013. Same for the front. Lost the H badges, put on Genesis wings.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
- I have already replaced the "H" from the middle of the trunk as i said in the first post of this thread : ))

"I´ve changed the badge in the middle of the trunk from Hyundai-badge to the black wings instead.
How are the other - "Coupé" and "3.8" - emblems attached? Only glue?"

I´m asking about the other emblems on the back of the trunk.

·
Registered
980 Posts
- I have already replaced the "H" from the middle of the trunk as i said in the first post of this thread : ))

"I´ve changed the badge in the middle of the trunk from Hyundai-badge to the black wings instead.
How are the other - "Coupé" and "3.8" - emblems attached? Only glue?"

I´m asking about the other emblems on the back of the trunk.
I did mine after re-painting.

They are glue only, the emblems are a chromed plastic with body kit adhesive foam padding. You will be able to source and purchase their replacements through any body shop supply. I re mounted the 3.8 added a neo chrome "Turbo" and re-used the Genesis.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I parked my car with the trunk facing the sun for an hour. Then just popped them off with my thumb nail. No residue at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts