Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what TSB's are out for us Canadians, for when my car comes out of storage.

Thanks.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
+1 To that!

I called about 5 dealerships in my area and they said none are out for the Genesis.
When I ask about reflashes and all that jazz, they have NO clue either...

I want some clarity on this

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
when i asked mine, they said its up to date...but then again its the same dealership that tells me we have an advanced stereo system lol

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a good friend that's a Hyundai tech, I'll talk to him and see whats new.
Thanks, that's what we need. If he would be kind enough, ask him to make a list or something along those lines for future reference.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
We need some sort of clarification. I can't remember which member is was, said he had the rev-hang fixed on his car by <insert dealership name I can't remember here>. I called the SAME dealership and asked, they had no idea what I was talking about...

I think we should make this the official: ONTARIO TSB AND REPAIR thread.

IE: You get a re-flash done, your rev hang fixed, other bulletins. Post it in this format:

What dealership:
Contact #:
Contact Name:
Dealership location:
Repair done:

I know damn well I would benefit from all this information.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For Canada, sound system and bluetooth update, engine and tranny update "automatic only", sunroof cover that slides on acceleration, rear bumper cover fitment, front bumper cover headlight adjusment, inside rear panel vibration fix. That's all that I can remember right now. All these are out a 100% as I have seen them and have had them done to my car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The engine update "rpm hang" is only for the manual tranny. Don't listen when they say they don't know what u talking about. Go there ad ask them to go to their service page and read all the TSBs for the genesis one by one..., they are ALL there.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Wow, we definitely need some clarification. I've been told by my dealership (3 dealers actually - Windsor, Aurora, Mississauga) that there aren't any. Even a member on the site who is a tech in Canada (I think he was from the east coast) said there aren't any for Canada. Next time I go, I'm just going to bring a STACK of the American ones, and ask them to deal with it.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
^^ Thanks, but those are American TSBs. With this being the Canadian section of the forum and Canada not having something similar to HMAservice.com we don't have access to Canadian TSBs without hearing about them from our dealerships.

·
Registered
678 Posts
^^ Thanks, but those are American TSBs. With this being the Canadian section of the forum and Canada not having something similar to HMAservice.com we don't have access to Canadian TSBs without hearing about them from our dealerships.
Doh! :facepalm: I didn't even notice it was the Canadian section... I did a google search for TSB and this pulled up. Sorry!

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries, you're out there researching and helping. :)

Stage1, what's the verdict on that list?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Had a ecu reflash done at Sisley Hyundai . Tranny fluid and clutch fluid done in barrie Hyundai dealer

·
RWD Coupe guy
105 Posts
So far I've had:

ECM update - does not fix rev hang, just makes it less bad.
Bluetooth update - VERY good, makes the bluetooth good enough quality to use!
Manual trans oil changed - They change the gear oil used to a much higher quality one, supposed to fix grinding, in my case it did not work as a solution to my transmission problems.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
How big of a difference for the rev hang? My car-illiterate boyfriend notices my rev hang it's that bad :p So I know I need SOMETHING to help it.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Dealerships aren't fully aware of TSB's. They only know about them when the user complains about an issue. Somewhere in the troubleshooting procedure, they will look up the TSB's.

However, even if you come into the dealership with a list of 5 TSB's you want done, the dealership won't do it unless the issue can be duplicated.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts