Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
For the manual transmission, you need to call the Client service at Hyundai Canada to have the oil change for full synthetics. After you do the arrangement with them, few days before going to the dealer, just ask them (the dealer) to call the tech line before you arrive to be sure you don’t go there without the job done. :dunno:

My appointment was last Friday, I go to the dealer to do my oil change on my transmission and to update my Bluetooth! I leave there without anything done! This was really appreciated!!! :mad2: At the moment, this is the second time I need to deal with the dealer and it was not a good moment! Hoping the next time will be the right one! I hate to lose my time!

· Registered
712 Posts
I don't know if it have a TSB number actually for this in Canada, but ask your dealer regarding this nut with the kind of service I had at the moment with them "2 differents dealer" I believe you will receive a negative answer from them or they will don't understand your question!

· Registered
83 Posts
Canadian TSB list update

I cleaned up the titles of the TSB's I uploaded previously and added two more. One is "CHANGES TO THETA 2.0L/2.4L CYLINDER HEAD" and the other is " AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFT CABLE ROD BOOT REPLACEMENT"

· Registered
1,660 Posts
What TSB are you looking for? PM me with some details. I have a connection at one of the dealers in the area (a service advisor and a parts manager) and I might be able to help you without actually having the paper needed to get a TSB dealt with.

· Registered
134 Posts
I was there and the service dude gave me a "WTF are you talking about" face. The service tech wasn't taking me seriously at all...this was the same for the last 2 visits. I didn't buy the car from that dealership. Very disappointed with the service. NOT COMING BACK THERE AT ALL!

I think I'm gonna ask 401/Dixie Hyundai, Cooksville Hyundai, or the dealer I bought my car from, Burlington Hyundai (and might as well refill my tires with Nitrogen :))
i bought mine at dixie/401
but i work across the street from the erin mills ones...they have horrible serivce....but after bitching them out there coming around

i went in for a creak noise from the left rear....my whole trunk was covered in white grease and they broke to tabs off the jack storage in the trunk (car had 1200km) (2 weeks old) at the time.....
so they still have a work order open for that...
i wanna see what they say when i complain about the tranny now...it grinds into 2nd alot and sometimes into 3rd..
i have the sprint booster in mine so i dont really see the rev hang except at high rpm over 5500...

also where are all you sauga gta guys getting the PA reflash from...is it possible for someone to take me for a ride so i can see wht im missing???

· Registered
134 Posts
just came from mississuga hyundai (erin mills area)
asked about the reflash for the rev hang.. advisor said "i dont know what your talking about" i was like umm ok il bring u a print out...
these guys are dicks....

· WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
LOL, Most are clueless including the dealer i use, but atleast they admit I know more about them than they do and when there is an issue they never question it....

· Shut up and take my money
4,716 Posts
^ Most of them are clueless. Good luck!
Werd. Mine had no idea either until I brought the printout, and they had to look it up themselves

· ///H Power
866 Posts
So a while back I brought up the issue with my dealer, they had my tranny fluid flushed out and put in some engine oil + semi-synthetic ATF (Yes you heard that right, automatic tranny fluid) mixture. It worked better than the OE gear oil.

So now I start to noticing a mild fifth gear grinds from 4th and 6th. Based on WildBill's experience with full sythetic swap I've decided to do the same. Instead of Redline, which is hard to obtain in southern Ontario, I went with Castrol full sythetic 75W90 gear oil from Part Source. First impression is it feels much smoother than before but the grind is still there. I will run it for another week or so and hopefully when it bonds it will eliminate the grind and I will write a full review.

· Registered
67 Posts
hey, i think my left rear also has a creaking noise..

did you end up getting that fixed?

i bought mine at dixie/401
but i work across the street from the erin mills ones...they have horrible serivce....but after bitching them out there coming around

i went in for a creak noise from the left rear....my whole trunk was covered in white grease and they broke to tabs off the jack storage in the trunk (car had 1200km) (2 weeks old) at the time.....
so they still have a work order open for that...
i wanna see what they say when i complain about the tranny now...it grinds into 2nd alot and sometimes into 3rd..
i have the sprint booster in mine so i dont really see the rev hang except at high rpm over 5500...

also where are all you sauga gta guys getting the PA reflash from...is it possible for someone to take me for a ride so i can see wht im missing???

· Registered
134 Posts
no its still there....i was told that Hyundai Canada said the car has to go to the body shop for 2-3 days to get some welding one...
once again the service sucks and they dont go into detail...i ask questions and they brush them off...

· Registered
67 Posts
hopefully more people will address this to hyundai so we can get the problem fixed...

no its still there....i was told that Hyundai Canada said the car has to go to the body shop for 2-3 days to get some welding one...
once again the service sucks and they dont go into detail...i ask questions and they brush them off...

· Registered
130 Posts
I didn't see any TSB's for 2.0T transmission grind. My car's transmission grind from 2 to 3 and also from 3 to 2, sometimes from 1 to 2. Is there a specific TSB out for this problem? If not, do I just bring the issue up with service manager?

· Registered
83 Posts
Have them check the rear body mounts, Mine would creak under hard acceleration and going in and out of the driveway. They found some of the mount bolts needed tightening, been creak free ever since.

· ///H Power
866 Posts
I Got My Tranny Replaced YAY!!! Fifth gear grind is gone but i have to break in the tranny feels clunky still.

· Pshhhhh squared
1,046 Posts
I Got My Tranny Replaced YAY!!! Fifth gear grind is gone but i have to break in the tranny feels clunky still.
Damn really eh?
My servicing guy told me that if I do not notice anything off with my tranny within the first 10,000 KMS's, there is nothing they can do about it.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.