Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
For those of you having issues with your car that your own dealer might not want to help you with, pm me. I have a friend that is a service advisor and I have had a few issues fixed without any questions from the dealer at all. They are very customer service oriented and have been more then helpful with me.

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
My car is an 02/09 build date, so I called up Ontario Hyundai near me to see if they would check the software version I have.

They refused to do so without cause, so I called up a friend who works at a new (just opened) Hyundai store on Eastern Ave (and something else but I forget the intersection), right downtown Toronto. They just opened actually.

He said he would check my software version and update no questions asked. Scheduled for tomorrow morning. I highly recommend this dealership, they actually care about providing service after a sale.

Just giving you the heads up.

·
///H Power
866 Posts
Damn really eh?
My servicing guy told me that if I do not notice anything off with my tranny within the first 10,000 KMS's, there is nothing they can do about it.

LOL dont hate cuz ur jealous :p

i been complaining since 2300km wtf
i want a 2011 tranny

**** it ima swap in a S2000 tranny call it a day
Doo it up i wanna see :D

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
UPDATE:

Downtown Hyundai on Broadview update my software based on the TSB.

Basically if anyone else is looking to have it done, call and ask for Scott Provost. Tell him Bob sent you from the gen coupe forums and they'll take care of you.

They're trying to build a client base and so their service is exceptional. Especially right now.

The TSB's aren't very profitable for the business but they're willing to do it simply to help build their customer base.

Downtown Hyundai | Used Hyundai dealership in TORONTO, ON M4M 2E4

:)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Any suggestions on the best way to get my tranny replaced without fighting with the dealership?, when I described the issues I was having all they could say was "that shouldnt be happening" and "that's not normal", any suggestions would be appreciated. I assume there's still no TSB for Canada for it, and also does anyone have a current list of all the Canadian TSBs for the 2010 Gen Coupe, and anything major that might just be in the states right now?, thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Just an update, I got back today from the dealership after leaving my car overnight so they could test the tranny cold, they did a tranny flush and now waiting till the morning to see if that fixes the issues, was told if I still have problems just to call back in and they will call hyundai's head office or whatever and figure out the next step (probably either opening and fixing the tranny, or a full replacement of it), and not to worry about leaving it overnight again for them to test it as well this time. I gotta say I'm pretty suprised, and very happy with the service I've gotten from my dealership so far :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Good to know. I usually take mine to Performance Hyundai in St Kitts. I know a few guys that work there and they always treat my cars good.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Update #2, after tranny flush I still had the same issue, brought it back in and they ended up doing another tranny flush and putting in automatic tranny fluid in, waiting to see how it goes in the cold now, if not ill be making a frustrated call back in to the dealership. Happy with how quick they have been able to fit me in, and how helpful they have been with everything, they treat me well, but Hyundai wants them to try everything possible I guess before they actually do any major work, can't really blame them i guess though, just kind of a pain for me.

·
'11 3.8 Silverstone
961 Posts
Been searching around, and can't find anything. I take it, there aren't any TSBs for the 2011 models yet? My car has a Jan 2011 build date.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts