Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Where can I get some tsukuba red paint? Planning to buy a bumper and would be awesome if I paint it.

Or any alternative colour for tsukuba red ?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
458 Posts
You can probably still get it directly from Hyundai. I would also consult a body shop. I am sure that if you give them a paint code and offer to pay them for a can, they would probably do it.

·
Premium Member
15,999 Posts
Hey guys, Where can I get some tsukuba red paint? Planning to buy a bumper and would be awesome if I paint it.

Or any alternative colour for tsukuba red ?
good luck with that, even with the "correct" paint, it's not going to be a match.
Look for an auto paint shop in your area, give them paint code NGA (might want to double check that the paint code is correct) and ask to primer to paint a plastic bumper.

Paint, then take it to the an auto paint shop and have them blend paint the bumper, to make the paint difference less noticeable.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,287 Posts
NGA is correct but Hyundai had two different versions I think. Take the bumper hook plug along to color match.

·
Registered
458 Posts
They can get pretty damn close. I got BumperPlugs from the company to cover the drilled holes where my plate went. They matched the Silverstone PERFECTLY. I was honestly stunned. I can't tell the difference.
Granted, I have colour deficient vision.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
811 Posts
I have tried to get paint (Silverstone) from my dealer and all they can provide me with is one of those "Touch-up" type brush and pen things. To get a match, they said I would have to check with a paint company. Seems strange that they would not be able to stock quart cans of colors for their lines of cars.

·
Premium Member
15,999 Posts
I have tried to get paint (Silverstone) from my dealer and all they can provide me with is one of those "Touch-up" type brush and pen things. To get a match, they said I would have to check with a paint company. Seems strange that they would not be able to stock quart cans of colors for their lines of cars.
The car hasn't been in production in like 5 years....

·
Registered
458 Posts
The car hasn't been in production in like 5 years....
Let alone the colour. Correct me if I am wrong, but the BK2 cars had different paint codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts